Connecticut USA

Artwork by Gabrielle Shea and Tristan Corrales.

Famicom Sessions

MisfitChris - Famicom Sessions

The origin of Famicom Sessions dates back to September 2009. On a chilly autumn evening, MisfitChris was introduced to Famitracker by fellow musician Tristendo Corrales. It was on this evening that Chris began writing what is now known as Famicom Sessions. A collection of experimental NES jams that document Chris’s first year of composing Chipmusic.

If you have cash to throw around I'm providing a special edition release on Bandcamp! cough if you email me I'll probably just give you the extra songs

Famicom Sessions - Special Edition
Includes remastered versions of cult classic WhenIFoundTheSky I Said. As well as
FakebitMUCh Original Mix
American Werewolf In Paris Original Mix
High Score Hero
Tamagotchi
Welcome To 1993

01 Welcome to Famicom Sessions (2A03, added Text To Speech)
02 Basement Dweller (2A03)
03 Legend of Tristendo (VRC6)
04 Saving the Shy Librarian (MMC5)
05 Med Pack (MMC5)
06 Rainy Day Recess (MMC5)
07 French Whores (MMC5)
08 Sleep Vacation 7 (MMC5)
09 Tokyo Midnight (VRC6)
10 Asteroid Night (VRC6)
11 Love is a Sickness (2A03)
12 Leaving Home (2A03)
13 The Graveyard Club (2A03)
14 Goodbye from Famicom Sessions (2A03 for intro, added Text To Speech; MMC5 for outro)

Yo guys. This is my second Pause release and my first official Chipmusic release! I'd like to take a moment for some shout outs.
I firstly want to thank each and every one of you involved in the chipmusic scene. You guys welcomed me with open arms when I first came onto the scene. You've been nothing but positive, even putting up with my random crazyness  at times. I'd like to thank Tristan Corrales for teaching me the ways of the NES. Rich Vreeland for taking an interest in my music and providing me with a place to showcase it. I'd like to thank James and Lydia for hooking me up with some great shows and being all around great people.

Special shout outs to the Ventrilo crew, IAYD, Tristendo (again), L Tron, Pongee, Arlen, Gideon, Dustin (sort of vent crew), Reteris, We Danced Until We Saw The Sun, Derris Kharlan, Heidi, Heosphoros and everyone else who I forgot because I'm an idiot.

Thanks again everyone. Enjoy the release! Here's to new and old friends.

Last edited by MisfitChris (Mar 26, 2011 3:21 am)

Brooklyn, NY

hell yes!

Melbourne, Australia

Pretty damn awesome.

Connecticut USA

Thanks dudes! : ]

Melbourne, Australia

Did a heaps purcahse. Reckon this'll be in my mp3 player rotation for a good while.

BOSTON

WOOO! I got the pause release, but now ill buy the deluxe edition too big_smile

San Francisco

chris. i got to tell you.... this. is. shit.

as in this shit is dope.

good shit man. good shit.

MEOWTZU!!!!

Last edited by IAYD (Feb 21, 2017 6:45 am)

buffalo, NY

Cool inspiration rock!

Michigan

incredibly inspirational. youre definitely setting the bar high.

would it be too much of a stretch to see more of the .ftm's?

ive snagged a few from you before i know, i would love to study yours some more.

Yes! An excellent collection of exceptional tunes. Can't say I care too much for the Text-to-speech segments, but luckily for me they're rare.

Tokyo, Japan

The link seems to be broken sad Was looking forward to hearing this too!

Connecticut USA

Yeah, I noticed all of the Pause links are down atm. It will probably be sorted out super soon. It's all streaming on Bandcamp though! Free download will be back up.

Connecticut USA

and thanks again all of you.

Tokyo, Japan

ah excellent! I'll grab this from your bandcamp then! thanks for the heads up smile