BK

Handmade Music hosted by CreateDigitalMusic and Culturefix NY
April 2nd, 2011
Culturefix NY
9 Clinton Street
New York, New York 10002

1-6 PM, FREE: OPEN LAB (all ages)
Bring your project to work on, or just hang out and see what others are producing.
Bluetooth wireless MIDI music-making on hardware and Android phones
Open show-and-tell, including a couple of presentations of free Pd patching tools for making new instruments
At 5 PM, Todd Michael Bailey will show off his Where’s the Party At 2 open, DIY sampler, which takes inspiration from grungy digital samplers past.

Live Music starting at 7 PM

Sets by:
DIGITAL DIASPORA
Afrotronic future funk band! Electronic, handmade remixes of traditional African instruments like the “the Gongo~Tron,” based on the traditional “Gongoma,” a Guinean m’bira (thumb-piano), and “Nano-Shakerator,” based on the traditional “Shekere,” a percussion instrument found throughout western Africa. All in grooving, futuristic new combinations!
http://soundcloud.com/digitaldiaspora
RUCYL MILLS (Saturn Never Sleeps) sci-fi singer
CONCRETE SOUND SYSTEM live sound set (David Primus Luta Dodson). I could try to put into words what David does, but it’s best to see in the video above, from Manhattan’s Harvestworks sound and music research center.
SAPHRYN PHOLLICLE (STEF EYE, Saturn Never Sleeps), multi-instrumentalist, singer, and sound experimentalist plays a left-field live set.
CHRIS GILROY live digital monome music played on grids (In/Out Festival)
KRIS KEYSER chip music +
BATSLY ADAMS NES + Genesis-powered vintage game visuals
Kris Keyser is already a favorite of spectacular 8-bit LSDJ music, here accompanied by live-generated visuals on vintage game consoles by this talented digital artist and inventor.
ALEX KIEFER (exilefaker) Forward-thinking chip music from a man also working toward a PhD in philosophy. The chip philosopher? Believe it.

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2011/03/h … more-17743

Last edited by Kris k (Mar 28, 2011 4:01 pm)

Brooklon

heart heart heart

Boulder, CO

Sounds good, I will be in attendance.

NY, US

Damn, I had something to go to that night.

Oh wait, I still do, but now it's 1000% more awesome.

Philadelphia, PA

I'ma try and be there.

BK

Bumping because this is tomorrow and i really want [Anonymous] to go! (yes that means you)