Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hey folks, I've been using maxymiser on my ST since I've had it but recently I came into an 8-bit FM module and I've been attempting to make some tunes with it. However, I'm terrible with sequencing in most software and I thought it would be nice to try using my Atari ST to do the sequencing.

I'd prefer to find a tracker-style program that could send MIDI-out (maxymiser only seems to allow MIDI-in and clock-out) and in a perfect world I could also use channels 'internally' with the YM chip, allowing me to combine the sounds from both units.

Any recommendations along those lines?

brighton, uk

cubase or maxymiser are your ebst bet im afraid

Last edited by CMDR (Apr 1, 2011 9:45 pm)

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Gah, but neither of those really do what I need. Cubase isn't a tracker (but it'll suffice if I find nothing else) and maxymiser doesn't have midi out at all.

Marseille

have you tried to ask gwem to implement it? sometimes it takes a few hours, sometimes a few years but in the end gwem seems to add all the crazy features we ask him for.

Marseille

Talkin about that. Hey Gwem, what about CV-Gate controlling? smile

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Oh, guess I never responded here. I asked gwem some time back and he said it wasn't a highly requested feature and would be difficult to implement.

Does it have to be sequenced from the Atari?
If you have a gameboy with an arduinoboy you can use it to sequence a synth. I used that setup live with a gameboy and a Yamaha fb-01.
That way you still have a tracker to sequence your fm tunes.

Or you could use renoise in a pc or mac. It's a tracker that has midi out.

Both not Ataris, I know.
But the gameboy is also vintage tongue

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Timbob wrote:

Does it have to be sequenced from the Atari?
If you have a gameboy with an arduinoboy you can use it to sequence a synth. I used that setup live with a gameboy and a Yamaha fb-01.
That way you still have a tracker to sequence your fm tunes.

Or you could use renoise in a pc or mac. It's a tracker that has midi out.

Both not Ataris, I know.
But the gameboy is also vintage tongue

It's not about being vintage, it's just about simplicity. It'd be way easier to just program the whole song in one piece of software and plug in a midi sound module and go.

As it is now, I've sequenced music in maxymiser and on my MC-303 and then synced them via the midi clock. I'm using the channel and part mutes to bring the MC-303 into the song. It's a little awkward, but oh well.

Whitley Bay, England

Program on computer - MIDI OUT to module + ST (effectively using ST running MaxYMiser as a module)?

Not sure how else you could do it I'm afraid!

Unsubscribe

just think of the st as being a rewire slave to your pc daw big_smile

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

The whole point was to avoid doing stuff like that. I wanted to be able to program a song in maxymiser and use a single Atari ST and a midi module to make music.

Unsubscribe

I get your point, but gwem killed your dream, so now ITS TIME TO GET REAL.

Trento, Italy

musicmon can do midi, but I never be able to run it on my atari ste sad
I don't know if it can do midi out and chip sounds at the same time, maybe someone who can run it can answer the question...

As far as i know musicmon can only do midi notes in...

Unsubscribe

http://tamw.atari-users.net/omega.htm tigercub can do midi and ay chip sequencing..

Unsubscribe

Just found this:
http://atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f= … di#p127765

tracker with Samples OR psg OR midi.. plus it supports samplers!