matt's mind
Alley Beach wrote:

just bought a green one, CANT WAIT!!!!

JUST packaged it, then read this thread.  deja vu-esque-ish...

Minneapolis

Any word on if this will fit into a GBP? If so, I'd be interested in having one, since my GBP has been out of commission for a while on account of my last backlight (the RGBva one) being too thick and so I took it all apart and put it in a box.

They'll probably fit fine with some modifications.

clovis CA

thats what i plan on doing, modding a pocket, but then i realize, where would i put the resistor? heh, idk the schematic for a pocket real well =p

The resistor won't be a problem at all. I like to cut the anode wire in half and put it somewhere in the middle, then put the shrink tubing over it.

I can make a tutorial. I just need to get a GBP first...

clovis CA

im bidding on one right now, if i win it and have it shipped to you will you make a tut. for the world? id need it back though wink

East Kilbride, Scotland
Alley Beach wrote:

im bidding on one right now, if i win it and have it shipped to you will you make a tut. for the world? id need it back though wink

ITS A TRAP

Alley Beach wrote:

Thanks for the offer, but I may have to leave the tutorial up to Kitsch. I'd like to make one just to help out Kitsch, but I can't go out of my way right now because my last two orders have me off purchasing anything for the next little while. It wouldn't aid me much since my profit from the panels is solely from my modification service. Shipping to and from Canada would be a bit steep.

I'll make one eventually if no one beats me to it.

matt's mind

i'll look for a pocket and get to doing this.  i just don't have any laying around, but i'll get one and do this wink  backlighting them is easy and pretty much the same, but having a tut would work well.  although, its very easy to destroy those screens...

clovis CA

what point would i solder the resistor onto? thats all i really need to know =]

Here's my tutorial on how to install the panels.

http://apeshitmods.blogspot.com/2011/04 … hting.html

Differs slightly from Kitsch's tutorial, but it's the same general idea.

Last edited by Apeshit (Apr 7, 2011 1:29 am)

Milwaukee, WI

Looking good.  Can't wait for a ton of pics of these.  wink

matt's mind

from the newsletter

hello everybody -

we got in the anticipated restock and new color batch of buttons today wink

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/custom-buttons

the restock colors are:
- clear (mgb)
- dark gray (play it loud) (dmg)
- yellow (dmg)
- green (dmg)
- blue (dmg)
- red (dmg)
- white (dmg)

the NEW arrivals are:
- neon green (dmg/mgb)
- clear red (dmg/mgb)
- clear teal (dmg/mgb)
- glow-in-the-dark (dmg/mgb)
- glow-in-the-dark (with green tinted plastic) (mgb)

its been pretty busy around here today, to say the least, but pictures of the new buttons will be posted asap.  i wanted to go ahead and get the word out there, for anyone interested,

enjoy!

matt

thanks!

kitsch wrote:

translucent green, for sure.

Kitsch...

matt's mind

there is clear teal though....  (yeah, i know, totally not the same)

but, in all honesty, the list of colors was a LOT longer.  my eyes were bigger than my stomach...  and, the cost got crazy so i had to trim...

next time!

No worries. Still excited to finally get some new buttons. Can't wait to try out the glow in the dark ones.