Hey guys -

Is there any way you can do the pitch mod with the dioal and still have the speaker? The speaker is a must for me, but I also really want to fool around with the pitch too. I googled and it gave me nothing of use.

Has anyone done this before?

Matthew Joseph Payne

$10 says NeX has.

I bet you could find somewhere else to cram a micro pot. I know NeX has put 5 pin DIN jacks on the sides of gameboys, and those are bigger than micro pots for sure. He had to carve away bits of the boards.

USA

If you replace the 4-AA batteries with a single rechargeable battery you might be able to free up some space inside your DMG.

Or you can try to find a tiny potentiometer and mount it someplace tricky.

NeX has been able to fit a ridiculous amount of extra circuitry inside a DMG.

See the tiny potentiometer on the top-right of his DMG -

rochester, ny

lower left hand side, where people typically put the pro sound mod.

Holy poop that's a lot of wiring he must have done haha. The only problem with jamming it in the left corner is that I'm trying to do a prosound jack there too.

Would I be able to put longer wires on the speaker and make it play out the back?

Just keep ergonomics in mind! My variable clock pot is where the speaker used to be, and it's comfortable to hold. My right-hand thumb arches over it nicely. The speaker's pretty useless for composing and faithful playback, not only because it's quiet, but mainly because it's mono. You do use stereo commands in your music, right?

Well not yet, I'm still learning my way around LSDJ and such, so maybe soon, as far as effects go smile But anyway, I'd be using the speaker for quick showing off so I don't have to untangle my headphones or drag an amp around all the time.

But as I see it, cutting a hole in the back seems to be pretty easy to do, and instead of snipping those wires to take the speaker off, I could just make them longer and put it around the back, right? I mean, you only remove the speaker for room for the potentiometer, right?

Sorry for the double post, but how can I put a switch into the mod here so I can turn this on and off?

Ecuador

check getlofi.com he has tutorials there.

clovis CA

well, theres those slits in the front of the speaker of the case, which is in need to hear it better than shoving it in the back. then for a pot, maybe consider getting rid of the speaker. if not get a micro pot =] happy modding! =]

Well I was thinking about making the slits in the back and trying to jam the speaker there with longer wires and then keeping the pitch mod kit the same. I'd have to see the actual sizes once I get the parts.

i have never needed to remove the speaker to fit mods in a gameboy, there is loads of space, but yea i normally put the pot at the top, i use a mini pot. very easy to do, i have done it for a lot of people. you can buy mini pots from ebay which fit beautifully

Well I'm kind of trying to recreate Thretris's monster mod gameboy, so I'm gonna need a normal size one for the guitar knob. Do you think jamming it in the back would work?

double post

Last edited by Apeshit (Apr 3, 2011 7:51 pm)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Taho7jVaY

Here's one I did. The huge knob was just for the video, it was replaced with a different one later.

You can fit a normal sized pot at the top, but you'll likely need to do some relocation.

Last edited by Apeshit (Apr 3, 2011 7:52 pm)

Hmm...The only problem is that's where I was putting my backlight switch. Oh well, I'll try to save the speaker but if I can't, it's fine. I always have headphones with me anyway.