sweden
SurfaceDragon wrote:

I actually have a Game Boy on my pedalboard but mine is a functioning Black "Play It Loud" DMG running LSDJ.

Don't ever hack up a "Play It Loud" Game Boy like that!

It would be much cooler looking if it didn't have all the ugly knobs.

You even covered up the Nintendo Game Boy text!

Cool idea, poor execution.

Try again.

Next time you should try to hide the knobs and footswitch so it looks like you have a normal Game Boy just chillin' on your pedalboard.

Its not a play it loud game boy.

USA

I know.

Sorry, I should have said "Don't ever hack up a Play It Loud Game Boy in that way." (Or in a similar manner for your future projects)

Nordloef - Thank you for catching my grammatical error.

Last edited by SurfaceDragon (Mar 18, 2011 9:19 pm)

Cambridge, MA

Although this has me thinking, how hard is it to connect footswitches to a DMG? It would be useful to trigger the gameboy with my feet when I'm playing guitar at the same time. Or better yet, connect a DDR pad to a DMG somehow to control Start/Select and the Directional buttons. That would be awesome! But I'm getting off the topic at hand now.

Like other people said, it would be a much cooler mod if you could make it look like an actual DMG. I'm not sure, but you could maybe try wiring the pots from the pedal to the volume and contrasts pots on the DMG so it's more streamlined....

sweden
BetaSynapse wrote:

Although this has me thinking, how hard is it to connect footswitches to a DMG? It would be useful to trigger the gameboy with my feet when I'm playing guitar at the same time. Or better yet, connect a DDR pad to a DMG somehow to control Start/Select and the Directional buttons. That would be awesome! But I'm getting off the topic at hand now.

Like other people said, it would be a much cooler mod if you could make it look like an actual DMG. I'm not sure, but you could maybe try wiring the pots from the pedal to the volume and contrasts pots on the DMG so it's more streamlined....

You mean like this?

Cleveland, OH
SurfaceDragon wrote:

I actually have a Game Boy on my pedalboard but mine is a functioning Black "Play It Loud" DMG running LSDJ.

Don't ever hack up a "Play It Loud" Game Boy like that!

It would be much cooler looking if it didn't have all the ugly knobs.

You even covered up the Nintendo Game Boy text!

Cool idea, poor execution.

Try again.

Next time you should try to hide the knobs and footswitch so it looks like you have a normal Game Boy just chillin' on your pedalboard.

I wouldn't cut a Play It Loud. They cost too much.
If someone wanted one to look like it I would just paint it.
I love that it has knobs sticking out everywhere. I just think it looks awesome. And I've gotten lots of good feedback from plenty of guitarists that want these!
I don't see how it's executed badly except that it isn't finished.
Again. Thanks for the feedback back! Gives me motivation to make my stuff even better.

Cleveland, OH
BetaSynapse wrote:

That volume pot idea is very, VERY cool. Thanks:)