☺☺☺
herr_prof wrote:

its easy, if you ahve a scienceguy he included the header pins, so just grab yourself one of these

and then.........?

i will be watching these parts like a hawk to get mine to work

rochester, ny
herr_prof wrote:

its easy, if you ahve a scienceguy he included the header pins, so just grab yourself one of these

just like this one?

http://www.adafruit.com/index.php?main_ … 9262db3e54

are there other cheaper options? just curious. thanks for the help!

Unsubscribe

You can probably make it yourself, but I just bought mine from that ada link.

Unsubscribe
Emar wrote:

And then what?

http://www.ladyada.net/learn/arduino/lesson1.html

When you get to Go to the File menu -> Sketchbook -> Examples -> Digital -> Blink

Find the folder where the aboy code is, and verify, compile, upload

Once its uploaded, install the max run time, open the max patch and configure your aboy. Its pretty straight forward.

☺☺☺
herr_prof wrote:
Emar wrote:

And then what?

http://www.ladyada.net/learn/arduino/lesson1.html

When you get to Go to the File menu -> Sketchbook -> Examples -> Digital -> Blink

Find the folder where the aboy code is, and verify, compile, upload

Once its uploaded, install the max run time, open the max patch and configure your aboy. Its pretty straight forward.

alright cool, i just couldnt find this holy code that was being spoken of this morning smile

rochester, ny

awesome! i'm so pumped. thanks!

Los Angeles

you cannot build a cable yourself very easily. its more than a cable, there is a ftdi chip inside the head of the usb cable, thats why its so pricy.

Geneva, NY

Nick, this is also the cable needed for vblank's synths and viz stuff. Also, it'll totally come in handy if you want to modify any of the aboy code for your revengineerings. So I'd say it's $20 well spent!

Philly, PA, USA

trash80, why are you a wizard?

hardcore, Australia

And now I must attempt to rebuild my arduinoboy inside a booster boy

San Francisco

i remember trash 80 showing me him working this a while ago.

Milwaukee, WI

I was hoping this would be released.  Very cool!  Definitely going to have to shuffle my setup around to accommodate this hotness!

Czech republic

soo, I have kind of barebones arduinoboy which I've been using only for LSDJ master mode. I used the "force mode" setting so I don't have to add the push buttons and LEDs (I didn't really need any other mode).
I've been searching through Arduinoboy1_2_0 code and I couldn't find option to force the midi out mode.
the only thing that seems similar is this:

byte defaultMemoryMap[MEM_MAX] = {
  0x7F,0x01,0x02,0x7F, //memory init check
  0x00, //force mode (forces lsdj to be sl)
  0x00, //mode

but I don't really know how to chage it to suit my needs. Any ideas anyone? I suck at programming hmm

Last edited by ashimoke (Apr 5, 2011 12:54 pm)

West Yorks, UK

anyone trustworthy in uk able to reflash a scienceguy arduinoboy? smile

Unsubscribe
trash80 wrote:

you cannot build a cable yourself very easily. its more than a cable, there is a ftdi chip inside the head of the usb cable, thats why its so pricy.

doh! sorry for making assumptions!

Unsubscribe
ashimoke wrote:

but I don't really know how to chage it to suit my needs. Any ideas anyone? I suck at programming hmm

Use the maxpat editor included int he zip, it allows you to set the default boot up mode, as well as all your midi channel and cc assignments... No code tweaking necessary!