Toronto, Ontario, Canada

So, I regularly do videos of myself just having fun jamming out in the studio. I thought it would be neat to see some stuff like that from you guys and I thought the best way would be with a compo. Sure a video compilation sounds weird but I just think it'll be fun and maybe some people will actually do it.

Here's what you've gotta do:

Step 1: Record a video of yourself jamming out.
Step 2: Upload it to youtube with "JAM Compo" somewhere in the title.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: I bet you thought I'd say profit. But seriously, just send me the link to the video.

So, a few things that should probably be mentioned.

-Unless you have a very nice mic attached to your camera and a good speaker setup, it'd probably be best to record the audio from your mixer or soundcard directly (if you're fancy you can even add reverb and do some EQing that way) and then sync up the audio. Audio quality is more important than video quality, but try to use the best camera available to you and get a good angle that includes you in the shot.

-I don't mind if part of the music is pre-sequenced but you should be doing something exciting in the video that can be considered "jamming". Playing around a lot with effects, doing a lot of mixing between tracks or even 'playing a real instrument' work well.

-All the music has to be original. Now, if you end up doing a quick melody line to a pop song that's fine.  Hell, I don't even mind covers as long as they are fresh and original. What I don't want is people DJing other people's music.

-Have a lot of fun. Go wild, jump up and down. The less shame you have the better. Imagine you're at a show rocking the faces of a couple million adoring fans. From the second the song starts just go to the moon and don't come back. I don't care if you can't dance or if you look like an idiot (I can assure you that compared to my video you'll look good).

-Who cares if it's not perfect. If you screwed up a fade or botched a chord change, just upload it anyway. This is a jam session, not a studio session.

-Make it longer than a minute or two, go as long as you want.

So, what do I plan on doing with this? Well, I hope to take the best segments (both aurally and visually) and edit them together into a giant video of madness and tortured chips. I'm aiming at probably around 5-6 minutes for this edited video (which will link to all the full videos) but that's because I'm expecting few people to actually try it. So, we'll see how long it ends up (I hope VERY long)

Cheers, hope to see you guys rocking face soon!

SUBMISSION DEADLINE: MAY 1ST!!!!

Last edited by jefftheworld (Apr 24, 2011 11:44 pm)

Russia

Hello, This is my Jam experiment with "Jam Session" for ds and "LSDJ". Not perfect, because I have never play the guitar before))
Some CC will be nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx-z4cV0Q_A

Last edited by stress_tn (Apr 11, 2011 9:32 am)

Turku, FIN

Oh yeah, i'm in!

Finland

I'm gonna Henryhomeboysweetbasement this up!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'll certainly be submitting a video myself, too. Since I do them semi-regularly, anyway.

i think I'd like to get down on this. Is there a deadline?

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
shitbird wrote:

i think I'd like to get down on this. Is there a deadline?

The deadline for you is 20 mins from now.
I wanna see it.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Yeah, I think a deadline would be good for all of us. Let's say May 1st is the submission deadline.

Chicago IL

i think i might do something for this.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

My submission:

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Bump...

...seriously, not a single submission?

Turku, FIN

I cannot record before next week sad

Barcelona, Spain

my 2ç

Toronto, Ontario, Canada