Austin, TX

So I now have an arduinoboy, a dmg with lsdj, a gp2x with piggy tracker, the gp2x to midi from kitsch-bent, and the midi cable connecting them, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to actually sync them.  Obviously I am doing something wrong, can anyone help walk me through this please for the love of God?

I don't know which light is which mode on the aboy but I've tried them all, I have lsdj in "midi" sync mode and on wait, and I have set piggy tracker to "GP2X Serial".

I am running the ghetto build of piggy tracker if that matters, and I'm using LSDJ version 3.7.5

I saw something on the arduinoboy page about "C2 is sequencer start in lsdj slave mode" but I'm not sure what that means exactly.

Please, please, please help me with this, I just dropped a lot of money to get all this and was really excited and now I am losing my mind trying to make it work.

Turku, FIN

I think LSDJ should be on slave mode?
Change the MIDI to SLAVE on the main options.

Last edited by KeFF (Apr 12, 2011 11:12 am)

São Paulo, Brazil

works fine with me, with the DMG on midi mode. Have you tested the arduinoboy on something else (like computer > dmg)?

between 2 worlds

I think you need a LSDJMC2 to sync Piggy to LSDJ, I'm wrong? Is it possible with an arduinoboy? the manual of LSDJMC2 says to set SLAVE and not MIDI.

Los Angeles
ISTITUT wrote:

I think you need a LSDJMC2 to sync Piggy to LSDJ, I'm wrong? Is it possible with an arduinoboy? the manual of LSDJMC2 says to set SLAVE and not MIDI.

Wrong. Either will work fine.

Slave and midi are almost identical as far as I can recall, either should work.

Aruduinoboy should be in LSDJ slave mode which is the first mode if you can tell which is the first led. You can tell the arduinoboy is in the right mode because if Piggy is sending sync, you will see the LEDs dance to the sync signal.

Austin, TX

Ah cool, thanks, I'll play around with it some more and see whats up.

Austin, TX

Ok I found it, when the aboy is in lsdj master mode and lsdj is set to master the lights dance like you said, but nothing when its in slave mode and piggy is running, so the problem is most likely coming from the gp2x end.  I switched my piggytracker to the latest stable build and still nothing.  I AM running the gp2x on batteries right now while I wait for my ac adaptor to come in, does the gp2x to midi specifically need it to be running on an adaptor in order to receive power?

Also the midi ports on the aboy had little brackets across from the pins that fell out, I assume these are just for helping hold in the cable, but I'm not really sure.

Thoughts?

Los Angeles
Sievert wrote:

Ok I found it, when the aboy is in lsdj master mode and lsdj is set to master the lights dance like you said, but nothing when its in slave mode and piggy is running, so the problem is most likely coming from the gp2x end.  I switched my piggytracker to the latest stable build and still nothing.  I AM running the gp2x on batteries right now while I wait for my ac adaptor to come in, does the gp2x to midi specifically need it to be running on an adaptor in order to receive power?

Also the midi ports on the aboy had little brackets across from the pins that fell out, I assume these are just for helping hold in the cable, but I'm not really sure.

Thoughts?

if some of the metal pins fell out they are probably not needed... there are only 3 holes used on a midi jack... if you look at the jack as if it was a smile, its teh bottom middle 3.

So the mode that you got the arduinoboy to dance...
when switching the modes, its the mode right before that one because in order its: LSDJ Slave, LSDJ Master, LSDJ Keyboard, Nanoloop sync, mGB mode...

also be sure its Piggy box -> arduinoboy MIDI IN (i know its obvious)

Austin, TX

Yeah I got all that, I'm pretty sure I have it in the right mode now, and I've tried both midi ports just to be sure.  I think maybe it is something in my gp2x settings?  I didn't realize until herr_prof showed me that I needed to put in another file and change usb settings.

The page I'm looking at says "Disable USB Host Networking"

I see USB Host, which is off, and USB Network, which is off.  Are there any other settings that need to be on or off specifically?

Unsubscribe

taht should be it, and you created the batch file? You will start piggy with this file instead of your normal icon, you can even save it as a gpe like MIDIPIG.GPE