Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
nickmaynard wrote:

it's a little unreasonable to expect a band to personally inform a half dozen people in every city they play every time they go on a national tour.

I plan to... i depend on those 1/2 dozen people. I thought that's what the 8-bit community was all about.
Support one another. Hell i could have offered my living room for people to sleep or something.

rochester, ny

woops, accidental post.

Last edited by nickmaynard (Apr 19, 2011 3:32 am)

brooklyn!
low-gain wrote:

response

okay, gonna go down the line.
first of all, there isn't a whole lot in your original post to suggest that you were joking. dry sarcasm doesn't really work on the internet.
second of all, i got in touch with luke specifically because he's the only one in st paul that i personally have spent time with and can call a friend of mine. i think you and i have exchanged words once at blip08 when i told you that your set was awesome. pretty sure that's all. we're under no obligation to get in touch with everyone in the chip scene when we go on tour; i kinda figure that people are checking these forums to see where these tours that people post about are actually coming. it's not like we're shunning the community or something like that, i just reached out to a bro because he's my bro. feel free to talk to me irl at blip and i'm sure i'll be more likely to hit you up when we come back.
FURTHERMORE, we actually had NO control over who was opening for these shows, it was all set up through peelander's booking agent. it's not like we don't want to have our friends opening for us everywhere we go, but like i said, we're not in a real position to make this our ideal tour, we're a supporting band and definitely not rock stars.
third of all, no one in guchi is disregarding that vocals comment or getting hurt over it. don't think for a second we haven't thought of it or aren't trying new stuff. we're more than open to suggestions, opinions are always valid, but like i said, sarcasm is pretty fucking weird on the internet. anything would be more appreciated or come off better when it's more than "you need a vocalist. sing, pussies." i wouldn't call you out for telling me something like that when it's not expressed in an insulting way, so yeah.
and just for the sake of argument, mogwai, explosions in the sky, battles all sell out huge places regularly. (okay, battles isn't instrumental, but they're definitely not vocal-oriented.) if it's good enough, it won't need vocals, but they sure do fucking help.
so word, no one on my end is being a child about this, dude. shouldn't have had to write something this long, but fuck it. serious internets is srs. maybe just make an effort at not sounding extremely passive-aggressive next time someone doesn't give you a call regarding a chip show in your town.

brooklyn!

and i know this is really late in the game but WE'RE IN KENTUCKY TONIGHT COME ON OUT YALL
THE NEXT FEW DAYS ARE PROBABLY GONNA BE FUCKING DANKIES

IL, US

luke: your instrumental (and mostly instrumental) list could totally use man or astro-man & gybe
sad i couldnt make it to the show, i was sick as hell...looking forward to seeing you during blip and grabbing a beer

brooklyn!
e.s.c. wrote:

luke: your instrumental (and mostly instrumental) list could totally use man or astro-man & gybe
sad i couldnt make it to the show, i was sick as hell...looking forward to seeing you during blip and grabbing all the beers our bodies can grasp forever

fixd

Unsubscribe

Man I promised myself I woouldnt fall for another of the goochs lame AR viral marketing gimmicks again

/me exits thread

brooklyn!
herr_prof wrote:

Man I promised myself I woouldnt fall for another of the goochs lame AR viral marketing gimmicks again

/me exits thread

and you'll make the same promise next time you fall for one.

ATLANTA GET READY TONIGHT IS YOUR NIGHT

Unsubscribe

The south shall fall again!

.... damnitt!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

just to be clear. i wasn't complaining about the line up at all.

sorry, wont be at blip. .

Olympia, WA
nickmaynard wrote:

it's a little unreasonable to expect a band to personally inform a half dozen people in every city they play every time they go on a national tour.

they do have a website. and are on facebook. and twitter. so... its not like they're keeping their plans hidden.

brooklyn!

alright orlando! tonight is our first show ever here, and our second show ever in florida! SHOW US HOW YOU DO IT

Bronx, NY

brooklyn!

third to last show of the tour tonight in austin! and what's more, PARTY TIME! HEXCELLENT! added doing visuals!! WHATSUP NOW AUSTIN TX!!!

TSSBAY01

a little too "metal zone" for my liking, but a little too "metal zone" for my liking, but a little too "metal zone" for my liking, but a little too "metal zone" for my liking, but a little too "metal zone" for my liking, but a little too "metal zone" for my liking, but a little too "metal zone" for my liking, but not enough based god

Wilmington,NC

I feel ashamed that I have to miss you guys play in NC again. Shame on me. I should really get a car.