New York City
goto80 wrote:

and good ol' ceephax! he told me that it was almost only for sequencing other stuff.

Ceephax is a huge nerd. I really like the guy and he's really into the whole old computer thing. I met him with you in Enschede that cool night. I still want to hear his tape dj set with C64 tunes!

Eanske, Holland

I think they're all mainly archived, ehh airwaves.free.fr has... most tongue

As for the black dog mix: there are 2 mixes, one is a FACT mix (remixes by and of black dog),
which is half great half so-so (this is where people remix them).
Then there is a lovely ambient mix, if you want both get yo yankee ass online on irc at some point
and I will send them gladly smile there is also some unreleased stuff with nice info sheets and rants
about the early black dog days and releases, with funny notes about rip offs and all wink

West Yorks, UK

team doyobi in my eyes are the daddies of tracker idm.

amiga primarily and now lots of SID too. theyre so good. not so sure what id reccomend to start with, just download or buy their entire catalogue and spend years soaking it all in. mmmm

also some great reccomendations here gaiz!

Eanske, Holland

ah yeah, good one ! team doyobi are great indeed !
I was thinking some stuff of mouse on mars (twift) sounds kinda gamey too.

Bumpin this thread up up and away.

california

Don't know if these people are in the same clique but i like Cim and Isan. Good chipDM. Intelligent chip music. Chip hop. lol.

Mr 76ix

TSSBAY01

machine drum
he started with inpuj as 'meek'

proswell
started (and still runs) inpuj, was 'towel'

i believe fun tourist might have also started with tracking..

i started in the demoscene, then went to idm, then found my niche in 8bit/vgm

uhajdafdfdfa

Not really IDM but DJ Fresh (maybe you have heard of this guy, apparently he is quite famous) says in an interview "When I was about 12 I started getting into making demo music on an Amiga. My first vinyl release was done in OctaMED!"

Chicago IL

venetian snares definitely used to work in octamed too

Psydney, Australia
Saskrotch wrote:

venetian snares definitely used to work in octamed too

Now working in Renoise. As are Dune, Distance, Kaneel and Aleksi Eeben (Heatbeat).

Psydney, Australia

go go necroposting!

CHIPTUNE

@saskrotch: he supposedly worked with protracker on the amiga too. and his first cassettes were all protracker. but i don't know for sure. do you have any hard evidence? smile

I love this thread!

Ceephax is all about the chiptune, man. He uses tons of chip gear and brings out the Amiga often...he has some Amiga tunes on his site, my favourite is possibly this.

Australia

For long droning stuff, check some of the kosmoplovci stuff.

hwr2 (Real late night watching material)
http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=8569

the lost religion of light by kosmoplovci [web] & minimalartifact [web]
http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=32205

kosmoplovci - wdiol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvpjkLjd … re=related

There are tons of crazy demos out there by a whoooole load-a groups :-)

Chicago IL
goto80 wrote:

@saskrotch: he supposedly worked with protracker on the amiga too. and his first cassettes were all protracker. but i don't know for sure. do you have any hard evidence? smile

i'm not sure if this counts as evidence, but its all i got

dont know if this counts either

Last edited by Saskrotch (May 2, 2011 7:23 pm)