Asheville, NC

http://www.iimusic.net/catalog/2008/06/9999

So everything I've heard off this album has been incredibly ear-pleasing. I just feel weird because excluding Anamanaguchi's Dawn Metropolis, I've never paid for chiptunes before.

I know it's not a recent release or anything, but I guess I'm looking for a suggestion here. Is album as awesome as it seems like it might be?

oh also these forums are badass.

ad-hell-aide

I really like this album. Well worth the money. What Alex Mauer is lacking in track length, he makes up for in quality, quantity and diversity of timbre and style. My favourite track "The Wheel Bug" was my ring tone for a long time.

The Mountains

Get it, no questions asked. Absolutely an essential chip album and a diverse ear-pleasing array of chips being utilized.

ad-hell-aide

Also - I love the artwork.

philly

thx guys - yeah i also recommend the album wink

its really not that expensive... i dont make you pay for shipping so in reality you're paying less than 10 dollars for it

ps - i only have to sell 20 more to have finally made the money back from getting the CDs pressed

ad-hell-aide

Did you do the artwork?

astral cat

buying it now smile

San Luis Obispo, CA

Love seeing chip releases on a physical medium. Well worth the money, as little-scale said. Wish there was more chip vinyl out there...

FERNDALE, MI, USA

ill buy this album.

Philly/NY

You NEED this album.

philly
little-scale wrote:

Did you do the artwork?

yes... actually its a photograph i took which i sort of digitally air brushed... and the other artwork (waveform graphs) are screen shots of SCC Blaffer NT for the MSX computer (possibly the hardest to use tracker... aside from "music box" on gb wink )

ad-hell-aide
alex_mauer wrote:
little-scale wrote:

Did you do the artwork?

yes

Awesome!

Portland, OR

It's amazing.  We use a lot of the tracks in our web series, and people always love them.  The songs are short but they are all so good you can listen to it again and again.

FERNDALE, MI, USA
enso wrote:

You NEED this album.

im on it!

Hoboken, NJ

Alex Mauer is definitely my top chip inspiration, and after all the free music I've obtained of his (Blast is one of my favorite albums of all time) I certainly feel I should throw some chucks his way.

Which reminds me, I meant to get this CD. Ordered.