rochester, ny

Let's say someone orders something from you online, like a CD or vinyl album. You clearly remember shipping it to them and are sure you addressed the package correctly. They claim to have not received the product and ask you to send another. You suspect that they are lying in an effort to get some free stuff from you. This is a hypothetical situation and I'm not going through exactly this right now but it's making me think about it.

How would you deal with this? Send another one? Refund the cash?

astral cat

sometimes you need to think about the value of this product and if it's worth the person damaging your business or not i guess.

I would just send another one. It could happen you know? Things get lost in the mail. If the same person demanded the item(s) several times over than it's time to get suspicious (imho).

i would figure that if someone is getting the art off the actual artist, then the lying part would never happen. i mean that person would respect the artist enough to not lie about it right?....However if your cd was on a shelf at bestbuy that would be a different story for sure,lol... If your really concerned about this happening i would say to go through  fed-ex or ups. They monitor and keep you updated all the way to the doorstep.

Unsubscribe

1. Ship them the 2nd product. Shit happens.
2. If it happens again apologize and issue a refund, cause shit doesnt happen THAT much.

Bronx, NY

Preventative measure: shell out a few extra cents for Delivery Confirmation if applicable. At the very least, if the package does get lost you'll have an easier time identifying what the issue is and how to resolve it.

Generally, shipping them the 2nd product aint so bad.

Philly, PA, USA

Is there any particular reason you think they might be lying?

Rhode Island
nickmaynard wrote:

You suspect that they are lying in an effort to get some free stuff from you.

If it's something insignificant (electronic component, cd, etc) not such a big deal but if you should ship out something rather expensive get tracking.

Chicago IL

i would make a thread about it

Sweeeeeeden
Saskrotch wrote:

i would make a thread about it

Wow, that's like soooo meta!

This probably wouldn't do much good for people in the US, but when I ship internationally I keep the carbon copy of the customs declaration, which has the recipients address on it, as well a stamp from the post office. So if they try to file a false dispute with paypal or something, I'm covered under seller protection. When I ship nationally, I ship express because it has a delivery confirmation and in some cases costs less than surface mail.

New York City

Uhm, seriously, who would want 2 copies of the same album, specially of this type? Just send another one, I doubt anyone would LIE over such a thing.