Is there a way that you could make a "glitch" switch on a DMG? So that if you switch it, it'll make the sound chip go crazy and do all kinds of random, odd things, but when you turn it off it goes right back to normal?

Also, where could you solder LEDs to the PCB so that they light up? Would they attach to somewhere near the batter terminals? Or does it matter at all? Can you solder it to any connection on the board to get electricity going through it?

Sorry about these noobly questions, I'm just not finding much help from google!

clovis CA

learn how pcb's work, itll save alot of trouble and frustration in the future. also, for the glitch thing, i guess you can try to bend it. if never gone about it haha, but im sure itll just crash, its not like an sk1 or speak and spell. nintenedo built them right wink

Learn how the gameboy PCBs work? Haha, where would I go to do that? I can't find any kind of diagram like a picture of the board with things pointing to different parts and saying what they do...does that exist?

Matthew Joseph Payne

That's beautiful...If only it didn't need a whole other board off the side of it!

Frostbyte wrote:

That's beautiful...If only it didn't need a whole other board off the side of it!

yeah well, the gameboy is quite a complex piece of technology.. It's not like they build a standard glitch option in it that you just have to connect...

No I realize that, but maybe you could build some kind of circuit to do that and stick it between the audio solder points and the jack?

Well, I solved both the Case LEDs and the glitch switch ideas, and I'll post tutorials for them both soon! big_smile

Chepachet, Rhode Island
Frostbyte wrote:

Well, I solved both the Case LEDs and the glitch switch ideas, and I'll post tutorials for them both soon! big_smile

GIMME GIMME

Lol, I'll post them now for your sake and add pictures later ;D