Alabama, USA

Just posted up a new track and I'd like some general C&C, as well as a few specifics, if it's no trouble, please:

1. I wanted to get a really "large" sounding bass during the majority of the song, so I tried letting the two pulse channels interfere with one another a bit during the opening so that it would "pop" more later on. I'd like to know if this was at all effective or if it was a wash.

2. I used a similar idea on the kick, starting it at a lower octave for the first four bars and then at a higher one. Effective or wash?

3. I wasn't sure whether to add more to, or remove from, my melody lines. There are a lot of effects that I felt were interesting, but I wasn't sure if I was overdoing it. I also wasn't sure if I was breaking repetition enough to remain interesting. I'd just like to hear peoples' opinions smile

4. Again with the melody lines, some of the effects dropped down close to the bass range. Just wondering if I can hear them distinctly only because I tracked them and know where they are in the song, or if it's because they didn't drop down TOO far.

I know that's a lot to ask, so just general C&C is nice too big_smile

I think it's pretty awesome! I'll address each of your points for ya wink

1. The song has a great bass to it, sounds awesome man, I love it! It was very effective, I need to hear more of this stuff...I hope you have a lot more like this!

2. I noticed the effect, and it did a great job at increasing my interest...it pulled me in quite a bit smile

3. Keep it just how it is, effect-wise, it's great. Melody wise, it's even better. Great balance, you have awesome feel for how these things should work.

4. They didn't drop down too far, it was easy to follow wink

Now, in return, I want an album soon.

Alabama, USA

Awesome big_smile Thanks for the quick reply, and glad you liked it!
I'll definitely work on some more and try to make them better ^^

Is there anything you didn't like about it? Even the smallest thing. Just trying to pin down any and all mistakes ^^

Well, I feel like if you had another gameboy/cart, you could make a punchier kick drum, it kind of get's lost a little bit, but that's just being really really picky smile

And you might wanna try changing up some of the pulse wave widths for the melodies, or whatever they're called smile

Alabama, USA

Thanks ^^
I don't have a second cart, but I have free space on every other downbeat in the noise channel.
I'll play around with it and see what I can come up with, and keep that in mind for future tracks.

You can make some great kick sounds in a pulse channel too and hardly sacrifice melody lines smile