Nomad's Land

A new album by MISTER BEEP has appeared on Coucou Netlabel!

download/stream

from the info file:

Hi there. After my previous minimal chiptune album - 2 channels only - I decided to make on my ZX Spectrum 48Kb something as developed as possible with the machine. I must admit I'm pretty proud to give you my the newest album containing 10 multichannel 1-bit chiptunes, having from 5 to 9 channels.
Original idea was to make 6-channels chiptunes playing from 2 synchronized Spectrums (3 channels from each ZX, using Special FX engine). 
I managed to make 4 such songs but meanwhile it appeared that Shiru programmed several totally new BEEPER engines: they were highly powerful and capable of playing even NINE channels from a single ZX Spectrum 48K.

Therefore finally you can find here: 
- 4 stereo songs made on two synchronized Spectrums (Special FX engine, 2 x 3 channels)
- 5 mono songs coming from a single Spectrum (Octode engine; 9 channels)
- 1 mono song coming from a single Spectrum (QChan engine, 5 channels). 

Like I used to say, mostly I don't make actual chiptunes - I just make music on a soundchip. smile 
Hence, generally this album is in art-rock style (called 'progressive rock' sometimes), because the most well-known gamesongs from 80s from Spectrum48 were kept in this genre, and they have been written mostly by Tim Follin.
Anyways. Because of that, I would like to dedicate my album to Tim Follin, as he was the best 1-bit musician on ZX Spectrum 48K in 80s.

Unsubscribe

instanab!

Nomad's Land

don't be shy, my friends. 550 downloads in less than a week don't lie.

killadelphia

its real good.

definitely! very good!

Last edited by Battle Lava (May 5, 2011 5:30 pm)

Swedebbb

Teriffic release! Love Quest is awesome~~~~~~~~~!

PL

Thanks a lot mates, means much to me!

The Rubber Man

"There can be only one". Bit. wink