hiding under your bed

(copypasta'd from 8bc, I'll probably get a better response here)
So I've been wanting a KP3 for a while now, and now I've got the money for one. But recently it was pointed out to me that there's now a Kaoss Pad Quad. It looks pretty sweet, but any info I'm finding using Korg's site and Google is pretty vague.
I know quite a few of you guys use Kaoss Pads and the like, so I figured I could ask here.
Which do you consider better, the Kaoss Pad Quad, or the Kaoss Pad 3?
I suppose that because the Quad is newer, it should be better, but from what I can tell on the info pages, the KP3 can do quite a bit more than the Quad. Would this assumption be correct?
Anyone who knows about this stuff, please explain the pros/cons of each one, which one you think is better, etc. without being vague.

rochester, ny

what will you be using it with?

São Paulo, Brazil

<being vague>
I prefer my mini-KP. Tiny and cheap.
</being vague>

Last edited by PULSELOOPER (May 15, 2011 10:56 pm)

Brisbane, Australia

The kpq is a pure fx processor with the advantage of being able to run 4 effects at once. The kp3 only runs one at a time but is also a sampler, MIDI controller, MIDI clock source that can detect tempo from an analogue source (debatable as to whether its tempo detection is much good), extremely basic synthesizer ... Which one is "better" depends on what you want to use it for, maybe try looking at YouTube videos of them in action or try them out in a shop or something?