liverpool - uk

Anyone know of a good usb stick with a composite input so I can view my amiga through the pc?  I know there are some super cheap ones on ebay but I heard they only work at a few frames per second, Has anyone used one of those?

New York City

Syphus had one, personally I don't know or have any experience with any, I used to have a PCI capture card and I didn't like too much viewing my Amiga through it.

Unsubscribe

http://m.ebay.com/Pages/ViewItem.aspx?a … mp;emvcc=0

liverpool - uk

Yeah I seen a video of Syphus using one a while ago and it didnt look like it worked very well.
I've just checked for some videos of the EasyCap USB 2.0 Video Capture Adapter that herr_prof has posted and it seems to work at full frame frate.

Cheers.

Unsubscribe

it has a bit of a lag but its pretty decent. I wouldnt try to play games on it.

Newcastle, UK

Yes, I was using the EasyCap (USB1.0 back then, I think), but it was VLC's fault that the framerate seemed low. With better software it works great - I can't remember the name of what I use for live Amiga performances...I think it begins with a 'D'...or perhaps a different letter entirely. Maybe 'A', 'B' or 'C'; perhaps even in the whole 'E' to 'Y' range. I'm fairly sure it iddn't begin with with a 'Z', though. #helpful

Barcelona, Spain

i have been using one of that cheap usb video capture thing using VirtualDub software (http://www.virtualdub.org/) on an asus eeepc 701. I've tried it using an A600 with ahx, is quite usable, but the lag of the A600 running AHX and the lag of the video does lag a bit annoying. On c64 works pettry decent.

Unsubscribe

There is some mega negeric video capture prgroam that comes with easy cap that I used. Its no frills and worked OKKKK

New York City

I don't remember having lag on an A600 running AHX, then again, that was a loooong time ago.

Chicago IL

the few times i've seen someone do an amiga set, they had run the video out into a little portable dvd player

New York City

Any screen will do, I would prefer a proper 7 or 9 inch lcd monitor display, the type you find for modding your car with screens.

Barcelona, Spain
akira^8GB wrote:

I don't remember having lag on an A600 running AHX, then again, that was a loooong time ago.

the editor screen refresh lags a bit on a600, but its really usable.

CHIPTUNE

I use Deltaco TV-57 and it works fine. I use it with some crappy software called GrabBee. It lags a bit, and I suppose I wouldn't capture demos with it. But if you depend on immediacy, a small screen is probably cheaper and better.

New York City
goto80 wrote:

I use Deltaco TV-57

Del Taco
TACO TACO TACO TACO TACO TACO TACO TACO TACO TACO TACO

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐
akira^8GB wrote:
goto80 wrote:

I use Deltaco TV-57

Del Taco
TACO TACO TACO TACO TACO TACO TACO TACO TACO TACO TACO

Melbourne, Australia

You have to check that your Amiga works with any little monitors (or DVD players with comp in) first.  Sometimes the Amiga video timing throws them off and they keep dropping out.  Especially with bright colors or whites on the screen.  Also, if you are in PAL you really gotta test the mode is supported!!  As the guys have all said above - there is too much lag with those capture USB things to work. (I tried a few) I have a old Canopus Storm 2 which was great though a PC monitor with almost zero latency - but it's a full length PCI card and doesn't fit in a laptop!  You are better off just trying to find an LCD monitor with a composite in. (the Dell's - all sizes - work ok, but not the best image)

(btw: This is cTrix on DK's laptop)

Last edited by Derris-Kharlan (May 24, 2011 7:10 pm)