New York City

Awesome, Pascal is what I learned with at university big_smile
Maybe I could port some of my old programs.... hahaha want the source to lame university assignment programs? xD

Minneapolis

XD Brilliant! Actually, I have my Dad's old pascal textbooks, so that should not be a problem.

Brunswick, GA USA

TI 99/4a was my first home computer.  Compared to Apple and Commodore they are a bitch to program, and because of their design, they are slow.

Get a Terminal Emulator cart and a Speech Synthesizer, that gives you text-to-speech powers that you can trigger from BASIC.  The rest is such a pain, even its assembly language (look for Editor/Assembler if you dare) was a bitch and is probably the reason I couldn't grasp it when I was 12.

If you're super daring and have more than one, circuit-bend it.  (You better know what you're doing though.)

Hi all, just been thinking about getting a TI-99A speech synth, does anyone know what the speech chip inside it is?  It seems to sound a bit better than a speak'n'spell.

TIA

Spikes

Saint Paul, MN

Just found this thread. Maybe I'll dig out my old TI-99 and play with the speech synth again. Good to know it's pretty useless at the moment for actual music making.

Sweden

I would use one if I had one, but they are not very common here (never seen one). There's a good, partly rom based forth environment for them: http://www.turboforth.net/