Olympia, WA

I've been trying it out on my friends iPod and have found that i like the sounds a lot more and i think its easier to use than the ones for the gb. does anyone know of a iPod/android emulator for PC that i could run this on? thanks.

Last edited by WMD (May 24, 2011 10:52 pm)

Philly, PA, USA

I think the sdks for either come with some kind of emulation, but I doubt they can run regular app store/market downloads, because that would essentially be piracy

You should know, that nanoloop for iPhone/iPod is completely different to the GB versions!
Not just in interface or handling!
Nanoloop for the iPhone is no "8 bit" tracker, it does not even emulate 8 bit-like sounds!
So, if you want to create chiptunes like on the gameboy, use the gameboy.
If you just want to make some music, go for the iPhone version.

Don't miss that ;>

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
pixls wrote:

I think the sdks for either come with some kind of emulation, but I doubt they can run regular app store/market downloads, because that would essentially be piracy

I know the android emulator can, but you need to buy the app first in the first place. It's not really piracy, it's just using an app you payed for on another platform.

Montreal

The iphone simulator in the SDK is, as it implies a "simulator" not an emulator, it runs x86 code under the iPhone SDK, not emulated armv6/armv7 binaries.

Last edited by plgDavid (May 25, 2011 8:09 pm)

Finland
Amity Level 2 wrote:

You should know, that nanoloop for iPhone/iPod is completely different to the GB versions!
Nanoloop for the iPhone is no "8 bit" tracker, it does not even emulate 8 bit-like sounds!

Don't miss that ;>

Holy shit its different on new phone than on a GB!?!

----

Anyways, it's awesome piece of software and capable of some really sweet stuff, dont sleep on this stuff kids!

DKSTR wrote:
Amity Level 2 wrote:

Don't miss that ;>

Holy shit its different on new phone than on a GB!?!

----

Anyways, it's awesome piece of software and capable of some really sweet stuff, dont sleep on this stuff kids!

Many people miss that. they think it SIMULATES 8 bit-like sound.

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

the short answer is no.
the ios "simulator" allows yew test yer "code" on an emulated device.
this DOES NOT work for running compiled .ipa files.

now, is there a hacked version of this that will run .ipa files? maybe...
but im not enough of a mac guy to know. i write ios code at work, but
im an android guy in my personal ventures...