I am a film maker.

I produce, direct and/or edit film and video, depending on the project and budget.

I have years of experience producing main stream corporate and commercial works.

you can see some of my work at johnfallon.blip.tv

Lately, I have been looking to expand my work to include more music based projects, particularly music videos... and not the kind seen on Ark Music Factory (rebecca black, lol).

I have experience with all kinds of music videos, like performance videos, story based videos, or experimental/abstract concept videos.

So, if you're interested in making a video for you song(s), the first step would be to email me so we can talk about the concept.  We will either email, or set up a time to speak on the phone or skype about your video idea.

From that discussion, I will come up with a budget of how much time and money it would take to execute the concept you have.  I can also give you some guidance about fundraising avenues.  Once everything is in place, we will produce the video so that you can get your music and your name out to your fans and potential fans.

I also have some projects in the works that will hopefully be exciting to the chiptune community and I look forward to revealing the details of these projects in the coming weeks and months.

feel free to email me for discussion at:  [email protected]

best regards,
john

Last edited by kickflip252 (Jun 2, 2011 2:02 pm)

Unsubscribe

You should probably mention in the topic this is a for hire situation, and it couldn't hurt to post some examples of your work.

I'm sorry if there was some confusion.

This would be a for hire situation, but I want to make it clear that I am not trying to get the artists to pay out of their own pocket. My goal is to help the artist use some grassroots funding methods to raise money for the projects they want to do.

If I consult with them and they feel it's not the approach they want, then no money would change hands. If we did move forward, my budget breakdown would show where all the money would be spent, including any money I would expect to be paid. At this point, I don't even know what that figure is, but I do know that it would be in relation to the size of the concept, how much time it would take to execute and how big of a crew would be needed.

In my eyes, the beauty of doing the project this way is that artists who have popular songs that their fans want to hear will easily be funded and make it possible to do bigger and/or more elaborate videos.  And, by natural selection, artists with only a few fans will have a difficult time getting even a modest video funded.  Because I am putting my name and reputation behind anything I produce, I won't just crank out mindless junk just because someone has a picket full of cash.

I hope that clears things up a little bit, but feel free to post or email me any other questions.

As for previous work, I posted an address in the initial post but I'll repost it here with the URL tag

http://johnfallon.blip.tv

sweden

Where are you located?

East Kilbride, Scotland

Why have you not uploaded any new work to the site you've linked to in the last year?

nordloef wrote:

Where are you located?

New York

Sycamore Drive wrote:

Why have you not uploaded any new work to the site you've linked to in the last year?

I have been focused on some long term projects that were not video related.

As of this moment, I am in pre-production on a music video, a television pilot and a feature length documentary and I expect to post at least two of the projects to my reel as soon as they are ready.