AANABAY01

that's the console, the monitor, a moose and ideally all the cables i need in one big package. ebay ain't nearly as helpful - usually you can find a bundle of the console and some games but almost never the monitor. sigh

anyone in the UK with a system to sell? I say the UK because I don't really have much money to throw around and I know how obscene p&p can become...

England

you really dont need a monitor, a TV works fine

Why do you need the monitor so bad?

Also try and get one with an HD.

Last edited by Jellica (Jan 25, 2010 4:38 pm)

AANABAY01

you're right, my mistake. i remember using one in the nineties and being convinced that the monitor was all there was, but ant1 was telling me about the tv adapter

i might be buying one from him

England

tv adaptor? eh?

A simple RF cable is all you need, somewhere like Maplin should have them for less than a couple of quid.

all you need is the computer, the psu, a mouse, the RF cable and some software on a disk and you are ready to rock.

Unless you have your heart set on the basic A500, look out for the A500+ (comes with 1 meg rather than 1/2mag ram) the A600 (1 meg but doesnt have a number pad, the most portable) or the A1200 (AGA grafphics and 2 meg ram), they really shouldnt be much more expencive.

sorry if you know all this... :S

Last edited by Jellica (Jan 25, 2010 7:02 pm)

New York City
Jellica wrote:

tv adaptor? eh?
A simple RF cable is all you need, somewhere like Maplin should have them for less than a couple of quid.

You are wrong Jellica.
A500s (what the OP is looking to buy) need an RF modulator which is external, the A520 RF modulator.
Without it, you can't connect the Amiga to the TV.

I would also recommend getting something newer. An A600 or A1200 will save you MANY headaches when you want to transfer software and data with a modern computer. A500 are too obsolete.

England

aahhh, ive only ever used 600 and 1200, just assumed. ive learned now!

brighton, uk

I have an A500 with ram upgrade, an A520 RF modulator, a sampler (need to test if it works still) and mouse, psu and gubbinz for you.
I can throw in disks with whatever software you might want as well, + a bunch of blanks to get rid of the headache that Akira's talking about.
40 English pounds plus postage if you want.

Last edited by CMDR (Jan 27, 2010 1:52 am)

Sweden

Do you use SCART in the UK? I'd suggest getting an RGB -> SCART cable in that case. RF is really shitty. You can also get B/W video from an RCA connector, which I guess would be fine for most music software.

uhajdafdfdfa
boomlinde wrote:

Do you use SCART in the UK? I'd suggest getting an RGB -> SCART cable in that case. RF is really shitty. You can also get B/W video from an RCA connector, which I guess would be fine for most music software.

You can get colour from RCA, I'm sure (because it's what I do), and also RCA ---> SCART works fine in colour (because I do that sometimes too).

New York City
ant1 wrote:

You can get colour from RCA, I'm sure (because it's what I do), and also RCA ---> SCART works fine in colour (because I do that sometimes too).

But the quality is horrible.
An Amiga shines through a SCART RGB capable television or an RGB monitor!