ad-hell-aide

Seems like a really neat game as well smile

Chicago IL

damn, this one part after the end where you gotta roll through the spikes is fuckin me up!

Brooklyn, NY

I'm completely stunned by how amazing it plays/looks/sounds - seriously outstanding work man. Going to replay it on my powerpak now!

Awesome. Love the smooth animations and the rad Blitz Lunar score is icing on the cake. What I especially like is the attention to game design; The economical use of the punch ability for many different contexts in particular is very satisfying in this respect.

Only real downside for me is the bosses, it would be cool to have more variation in boss behavior rather than fighting multiple enemies in a cage match. It's fun the way it is, but adding this would really push it to the next level. It is a demo though, so this might already be on your agenda. Overall very fun and very impressive. I look forward to the full game.

A gray world of dread

This great, great work guys. The wall-punch and roll reminded me somewhat of Metroid mechanics (which is a good thing). Add some Commander Keen and let me look up/down and pogo with my glove big_smile

Jumping off vines was sometimes a little awkward. Maybe add a millisecond delay before you can grab again, that should make it easier.

Graphics and music are top. The puzzles to get to secrets are nicely thought out as well. I certainly had fun playing (the secret level totally busted my nuts. Guess I'm not used to NES difficulty anymore tongue). I especially enjoyed the little touches like bats going o_-

Edit: Oh yeah, I agree with fluidvolt on how good the mechanics work once you get used to them. You get a feeling of flow, which to me is a sign that a game really works.

Last edited by µB (Jun 2, 2011 11:00 am)

São Paulo, Brazil

SO GOOD.

BOSTON

yikes

WOW. im massively impressed. its totally polished, feels/looks/sounds better than 90% of the "big studio" platformers i've played.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Oh man.  Thanks for reminding me I had an R4, Saskrotch.  Definitely one of my new favorite NES style games

Chepachet, Rhode Island
Saskrotch wrote:

damn, this one part after the end where you gotta roll through the spikes is fuckin me up!

I'm thankful the "retry" screen is short and cute...otherwise I'd have spent more time on that screen then my combined time trying to pass that part.

The reward is fantastic.  You really did an amazing job with this demo.  I cannot wait for the full game.  I wont sleep for days before hand...

Oakland, CA

If you guys plan on making carts, I would pre-order one. Perhaps a Kickstarter is in order?

Brazil

Had been some time since I played a game this good. Really awesome job! played on my dingoo and I'm absolutely loving it!

Chicago IL

just a little bug (unless it's just the way it plays in NesDS), pressing start at the retry screen instead of a or b just goes to a black screen.

USA

Super Bat Puncher, F#CK YES!

I LOVE Super Bat Puncher!

Heosphoros - Thanks for suggesting this game to me. You just earned 10 imaginary cool-points.

Miau - THANK YOU! Player two's attack is hilarious! I have a few suggestions, can I send them to you in a PM?

Saskrotch wrote:

just a little bug (unless it's just the way it plays in NesDS), pressing start at the retry screen instead of a or b just goes to a black screen.

Not technically a bug. You're just pausing the game.

Chicago IL
Heosphoros wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

Not technically a bug. You're just pausing the game.

huh, sometimes just the character disappears, but some times for me all of it disappears and nothing happens. it definitely happened when i died on the second boss/horde thing

Europa surfing on the monolith

This game is awesome, the control, the soundtrack, everything, I'm eagerly waiting in anticipation for the finished version!

Great work!