Chepachet, Rhode Island

Anyone know of any chiptunes that fit the surf genre? Maybe even some beach boys inspired ones? I've got a summer themed show lined up and I need some inspiration. Google has failed me.

Any help would be swell!

Unsubscribe

J Arthur Keens all the way, all day.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Alright cool! I've heard a bit of the stuff and it was rad. I'll have to grab some more. Thanks!

Edit: Oh man...how have I not heard this stuff before?  It's exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks a ton...again.

Last edited by 8-Bit-Rex (Jun 2, 2011 6:36 pm)

Brazil

We need more 60's inspired chip (girl groups, beach boys and all that good sunny stuff)

Unsubscribe

I like alot of surfy sounds in my music, but Im not that cheery... Blame the midwest!

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Agreed.  I'm a death metal guy...but how can you not like the 60's stuff Subway Sonicbeat mentioned.  I'm a huge fan of surfabilly too...especially when a particular artist throws in some really old (I'm talking black and white here) TERRIBLE scifi/horror movie influences.  Love it!

Hopefully when all is said and done ill have some good tunes along that style soon.

Liverpool, UK

Chicago IL
calmdownkidder wrote:

man i dont even remember someone putting a hat on me

Whitley Bay, England

PDF's cover of God Only Knows is brilliant.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
TraceKaiser wrote:

PDF is brilliant.

Fixed.

lolusa

didn't hally put out that squarewave surfers comp?
his cover of Surifn' USA is sooooooo killer

Moncton, Canada

squarewave surfers in general will give you that vibe no problem.

Even though it's a little too ska-y to be considered surf... how has Sievert not been mentioned in this thread?

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

that song by wduwsts

San Francisco

that song always randomly comes up.

Brazil

Sievert is too ska to be surf. And that's not a bad thing.