um I would love the song in this video to be playable through my gameboy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVdfPj4AyN4
I understand how much it would require, but is there an audio file that can somehow be formed to a .gb rom. I know that there are chiptune albums out there for the gameboy (obviously in .gb)

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

There's no way of converting the mp3 of the song to be played on a gameboy, somebody would have to do a cover of it.

If you asked the person who wrote the song, they could send you a *.sav or *.lsdsng file which we'd be glad to help you utilize on your game boy.

Last edited by jefftheworld (Jun 8, 2011 5:19 am)

BK

i don't think it's possible unless you actually got the lsdj song file from rockman himself, or retracked it by ear.  albums that are done as roms exist, but they're made using trackers, not from recorded audio files.
out of curiosity, why do you want it to be playable through your game boy when you could use an mp3 player?

Riverside, CA

LOL

A gray world of dread

MP3s contain streaming information of the frequency spectrum of the music, modules contain information when to trigger which notes for what instruments and how these instruments sound. This is very different stuff: One is essentially what to play, the other how to play.

There exists software that will try to determine pitch, velocity, length etc of a note and convert it to MIDI (a format similar to modules). Although this works somewhat for lone melody lines, once you got chords it gets confused. The human brain is still vastly superior in this regard. And you would still have to reproduce the instruments, since that is even more difficult than determining melodies- try it, listen to a synth and figure out how it was made.

Liverpool, UK
Kris k wrote:

out of curiosity, why do you want it to be playable through your game boy when you could use an mp3 player?

because then he'd look like this

Does anyone have a contact for Rockman lol, I'd love the .sav's but I figured that'd be highly unlikely.

sweden

on a more serious note you could play the song through the wave channel. Like in this gb demo.

http://gameboy.modermodemet.se/en/demo/113

New York City

Major facepalm.

Brazil

Whitley Bay, England
calmdownkidder wrote:
Kris k wrote:

because then he'd look like this

First thing I thought of.

Brooklyn, NY

I've got some laserdiscs that I need converted to 8track tape.

Zen Albatross wrote:

Honestly that's one of the best powns I've ever gotten, laserdiscs were badass. But in reality I knew it was a "dumb question" but I didn't know if there were any ghetto tools out there. for example I have lsdj on my Ti-84 and it has sound via the IO port.

12ianma wrote:
Zen Albatross wrote:

Honestly that's one of the best powns I've ever gotten, laserdiscs were badass. But in reality I knew it was a "dumb question" but I didn't know if there were any ghetto tools out there. for example I have lsdj on my Ti-84 and it has sound via the IO port.

Whaaat?? Do you need to use a certain emulator? :)

Last edited by Octothorpe (Jun 8, 2011 9:56 pm)

Chicago IL

so wait youre saying you want to play an mp3 of someone else's gameboy song through a gameboy? thats shady as fuck

Octothorpe wrote:

Whaaat?? Do you need to use a certain emulator? smile

No, search Ti boy SE alpha. It will convert any .gb Ron to a flashapp and has regular saving, aswell as sound through the calculators IO port.

And yes, I would like to somehow get that song to play from my gameboy. it's the same as wanting a flashcart to play homebrew roms on the real hardware.