San Francisco

any success theta frost?

Milwaukee, WI

Guess who failed too? haha,  I got too frustrated and ended up swiping off the resistors and just trying to solder on the pads... which I couldn't do.  So aside from missing those resistors my mobo is okay.  I don't know,  I might try working on it later.  Too small!

I'll buy all your broken GBAs big_smile

San Francisco

Lol. Well fuck. I think it is safe to say this mod is for surgeon. Sorry guys.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

is no other place to take out the sound output?

San Francisco

Will check it out when I get back home.

clovis CA

ill do it as soon as i get an gba. why not just solder straight from the amp?

clovis CA
wedanced wrote:

according to this, pin 13 and 15 are the out. so we can jump that to the pot, kill the old traces, and then from post pot go to the jack, correct?

Last edited by Alley Beach (Jun 11, 2011 5:36 pm)

Ciudad de méxico, MX
Alley Beach wrote:
wedanced wrote:

according to this, pin 13 and 15 are the out. so we can jump that to the pot, kill the old traces, and then from post pot go to the jack, correct?

those resistors are pre-amp, like wedanced suggested. So, the amp will take the broken resistor sound output, which sound awfull. we need a pre-resistor sound output, if such thing exists.

San Francisco
Alley Beach wrote:
wedanced wrote:

you would want to jump from the in not the out. The amp component is what adjusts the signal for headphones making it more loud and clear for other outputs tho.

Trash 80 made the first plans for the gbc prosound mod. It accomplishes this by going around the noisy amp chip and going straight out. all other prosound mods work the same way. by bypassing the amp it keeps the impedance of the signal at a level that is more suitable for instrument outputs which gives it a volume boost (als drops headphone signals).

what you can do is take from the 7 and 8 pins cut the 13 and 15 and send straight to the pot for an prosound without a added jack.