Connecticut USA

12 Hrs <= Get it here.

MisfitChris - 12 Hrs

An album I created in 12 hours. It consists of thought processes active June 01 - June 02 2011

1. Portal Under The Stairs
   2. 90's Type Of Crush
   3. Dawn Observation
   4. 1999 Car Ride
   5. Hello Thursday Morning
   6. 4th Time Physically Under The Sun

So I decided to make an album last night. I made this in 12 hours so don't expect perfection. Was fucking fun though! You can download it for free of course. It's on teh Bandcamp for now. Not that anyone really would want to, but if you'd like to for some weird reason showcase this album on your net label. Let me know.

Dedicated to Pongee.

Last edited by MisfitChris (Jun 8, 2011 8:28 am)

BOSTON

I liked this one a lot, tis fun to get to see the sort of "raw output" of peoples creative process... no time for constant edits and fidgeting, just pure ideas. hello thursday morning by itself is worth the download. beautiful stuff man smile

Connecticut USA

Thanx man! big_smile

I don't have the time to listen to this all the way, but these first two songs are rad as fuck. Immense stuff for just 12 hours of work, and with 4 songs to go still. I like. I will download.

Connecticut USA

hai thanks Andrew! I enjoyed your latest release. The birthday song was pure gold.

Philadelphia, PA

This is so sick.  I love the shoegazy drums and chords on 90's Type Of Crush.  It reminds me of a, uh... 90's type of crush. heart

Michigan

this is tight. keep making good music dude!

The '???' in the thread title is kind of confusing since that's the name of another artist likely to release stuff here...

But anyway, this is a great release. I encourage you to keep high-speed composing! Some of my favourite songs were made in an hour by Virt.

Connecticut USA

Ty ty. Yah I fixed, didn't think of teh ??? artist haha. -___-

Florida

Wow, this is really good for just 12 hours. Can you give us a light play-by-play? I'm just wondering if there was a point where you had to cope with intense motivation loss cause it usually happens to me pretty quickly.

Connecticut USA

For a 12 hour album.. hmmm. Well first, for me anyways. I waited for one of those days where I basically felt like vomiting inspiration and ideas. The next step is to fully commit mentally. After that prepare to drink coffee heavily... for 12 hours. Then I just go... don't even stop to think about what I'm putting down. It helps when using a medium you know inside out, cuz then you can just naturally write fast.

There was a point where I had to cope with motivation loss. But being so high from caffeine and fatigued (this was at like 8 in the morning)... I felt like spiritually charged and very emotional. So it just fueled the remaining hours. It's a great experience.

Edit: It was less about writing a quality collection of material and more about documenting the brain processes I was having within those 12 hours. It's kind of like being a painter or illustrator and doing moving sketches of people in a public place... if that makes sense.

Last edited by MisfitChris (Jun 8, 2011 6:50 pm)

Florida

cooool... also:

WITH AHUUMMS WAHHD OPUHHNN

Next time make an hourly play by play video! Slow descent into madness - the soundtrack

Tokyo, Japan

I like this idea, 12 hours EP. I might try it some time.

Connecticut USA
Lazerbeat wrote:

I like this idea, 12 hours EP. I might try it some time.

it's a really fun time. You also feel really good after. It's like a workout for the musical part of your brain.