NYC

Pulsewave this month is being curated by Rich Vreeland, co-founder of the Pause netlabel. Pause has slowly but steadily released over 70 albums since it was created in 2007, and in that time has carved itself a unique curator’s voice in the chipmusic scene.

Fresh off the heels of Blip Festival, knife city returns to the stage, and threatens to bring the whole thing down with help from the combined powers of the visual experience known as Cosmic Morning (enso & NO CARRIER), with mind melters b4kn (George & Jonathan fame) and Danimal Cannon (Armcannon).

As is tradition, an open mic will also take place, but with a small catch; Pause will be openly accepting demos at the show, so for those who are interested, now is as good a chance as any to come out of the woodwork and do your thing! For more information on Pause, visit them on the web: http://www.iimusic.net/

Sweet flyer magic by enso!

Artists:

knife city
luke silas has had the same game boy since he was five years old. he now uses it to make dance music from time to time. he likes brown liquor, alan braxe, triangle waves, and bass as fuck. he is currently finishing his debut ep for 8bitpeoples records. knife city is a little thing he likes to do for fun in between shows drumming for anamanaguchi.

b4kn
Jon Baken is an electronic music composer and producer. He specializes in blending nostalgic, forgotten sounds of yesteryear with modern electronic conventions and production. The result is a dense lasagna-like texture of digital bliss that will leave a smile on your face for days.

Danimal Cannon
Danimal Cannon spent years taking old NES songs and breathing new life into them by arranging them for the live stage with his bands Armcannon and Metroid Metal. After painstakingly decoding NSF files for years, he grew to love the aesthetic and limitations found on old chip music. He fell in love with the modern chiptune scene, and now writes music specifically using Nintendo Gameboy in a display of ironic regression. He now blends that old school melodic style of videogame music with his impressive array of guitar chops to the delight of audiences everywhere.

Visuals by Cosmic Morning
As the ancient myth makers knew, we are children equally of the earth and the sky. Now, two souls intertwine to present an alternate reality to you. Synchronize the ebb and flow of your mind with the rods and cones of your eyes. The island is becoming a sun. Wait by the mistletoe bush and you will get the feeling of really being out of the world and with it. The sun is now an inlet of freshness whose very nature causes it to dry up. In the vastness of space and the immensity of time, it is our joy to share a planet and an epoch with you.

ALL AGES | $7 | 9pm
shea stadium
20 Meadow Street Brooklyn, NY 11206
L train to Montrose

Facebook event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=231638546851225

Philly, PA, USA

KNIFE CITY

Brazil

Gorgeous flyer!

buffalo, NY

YAY COME SEE COOL PEOPLE PLAY MUSIC,

Godzilladelph

awesome lineup aaaaand slightly cheaper than a normal Pulsewave? gonna try my damndest to be there!

Brooklyn, NY

Love Shea Stadium. Come to this or you're one hell of a motherfucker.

Unsubscribe

Everyone should come out.. and impress brooklyn with an awesome chip scene turnout!

Boulder, CO

Hate this venue but at least I can stumble home after. I will be punching every smoker in the throat. sXe 4 lyfe.

buffalo, NY

TOMORRROW

New York, NY

This is going to be absolutely amazing. And I absolutely have to be out of town. Hurts. So much.

Boulder, CO

Turns out I mistook this place for Market Hotel. Maybe I won't hate it so much.