rochester, ny

Basically, I'd like to trade this Nintendo for a Powerpak + whatever other NES or Gameboy things you'd like to offer me on top of that, or I'd just sell it for $175 bucks. I just really want another Powerpak and I think this is worth more than a Powerpak, considering the cost of the stuff I put into it. So, either $175 or $175 worth of things in trade. Make me an offer via PM or email at [email protected]. Or you can bypass that and whoever puts $175 in my paypal account first gets it (my paypal e-mail is the same as my normal e-mail address).

Here's some info on how I've modded this thing.

So, I took a PSone screen and built it into the Nintendo itself. This is perfect for anyone who uses a Nintendo in their live show. There's an ON/OFF button to the right of the screen and a power jack on the back of the unit. I'll include the power supply for it.

I also installed the PSone screen's speakers under the vent on the right of the NES's top. They're small but the sound is good and this means you don't need to plug the NES into anything external in order to play games or make music.

Here's a video demonstrating these mods - http://vimeo.com/14200285

On the front of the NES, near the Power and Reset buttons, is a quarter inch jack. This is connected to the reset button. I plug a standard pedal (the kind you'd use for sustain with an electric keyboard) and use it to reset the system. This is useful for a couple of reasons. #1 - When I play shows with this, typically my hands are tied up with playing the guitar so I can reset the system and open another program, without using my hands. #2 - If you're using a powerpak to play games and you don't want to get up and walk across the room to reset the NES, so you can pick a different game.

Here's some more info on how I did this mod - http://revengineers.tumblr.com/post/109 … set-mod-so

I've also done the "stereo" mod on this and separated the DPCM, TRIANGLE, and NOISE channels from the two PULSE channels. On top of that, I've installed one of Low Gain's awesome NESmod's. This boosts the signal of the audio and protects against voltage spikes. Check it out here.

I've also added another output for just the expansion audio channels. This will allow you to play back VRC6 and VRC7 songs with your powerpak, which will let you utilize additional channels with your music.

The lockout chip on this NES has also been disabled and the 72 pin connector has been replaced. This should really help prevent glitches and ensure that your games load up perfectly the first time without having to blow in them or anything like that.

Last edited by nickmaynard (Jun 24, 2011 2:11 am)

Geneva, NY

Why the eff do you have to sell this while I'm saving for my wife's b-day and Blip? wink

rochester, ny
bleo wrote:

Why the eff do you have to sell this while I'm saving for my wife's b-day and Blip? wink

haha, i'll make you another one.

rochester, ny

oh also, it's already sold. damn!

rochester, ny

bump since i added another NES to the thread.

Brisbane, AUS

Just wanted to post to tell you that this is amazing. heart

Ecuador

Amazing job!! I dont have the money, but in the future I would like something like this.

rochester, ny

thanks a lot guys!

also, this thing is SOLD! :-)