Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Just finished my Gorf Sequencer last night ( http://www.vacoloco.net/synths/gorf/ )
This little sequencer is pretty cool. I think it will be a very nice addition to the set up once i get it synced w/ LSDJ or Piggy.
I am just curious if there are any other Gorf Sequencer users on these forums?
He isn't selling the kits anymore but if there is a strong enough interest, i might get pcb's made as i want to
make a few more of these for myself and as gifts to some friends.

The acrylic cases can be had for 38GBP.

anyways. just curious.
here are some pictures of mine smile

Ohio

GorF user here.  Love it for testing out gear and experimental sequencing.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
BTS wrote:

GorF user here.  Love it for testing out gear and experimental sequencing.

Nice, smile
I plan to use it for simple improv sequencing for live performances.. perhaps some bassline work... it's been really fun to sequence
w/ my MoPho. I think for peeps interested in syncing up a synth w/ their GB's or something it's a great option.

I only wish it had 16 step sequences instead of chaining 2 8 step's together.
oh well. can't complain for the money!

Earthling

Wow, nice looking sequencer, Logan. A bit off topic, but do you know of anywhere I can get a case like that for one of my projects? I need to rehouse a TR-505 and an enclosure like that would look slick

Ohio

I'm hoping scienceguy's update might add some functionality in that regards. I don't know if it would be a full 16 step interface, but maybe change out the segment display for an LCD to make chaining patterns easier.

That and switching out the potentiometers for encoders would really take the Gorf to the next level.

Last edited by BTS (Mar 19, 2010 2:01 pm)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
BTS wrote:

I'm hoping scienceguy's update might add some functionality in that regards. I don't know if it would be a full 16 step interface, but maybe change out the segment display for an LCD to make chaining patterns easier.

That and switching out the potentiometers for encoders would really take the Gorf to the next level.

i think changing those items would change the entire gorf sequencer into something else.

The issue w/ pattern chaining is memory.. expansion of memory is something that i think would require a better micro..

same thing w/ the lcd/pots...

might as well start from scratch for said features smile

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
<|¦¬{D wrote:

Wow, nice looking sequencer, Logan. A bit off topic, but do you know of anywhere I can get a case like that for one of my projects? I need to rehouse a TR-505 and an enclosure like that would look slick

If you're able to do mechanical drawings for the case, you can easily get it done.

Just awaiting Delivery of My Gorf V2 kit ... Paul will be posting it tomorrow so should be here Thursday. (I have jumped the queue a bit ).
You can now chain banks of patterns together for real flexibility. A different beast altogether from the V1, which was excellent in it's own right ...
The V2 sysex upgrade will be available from Paul Maddox after the launch of the V2 Gorf at Synth DIY in Cambridge UK on July 9th He has kindly offered to upgrade anyones V1 to V2 if you bring it along to the meet.

regards

Fitvideo