Quebec, Canada

Hi all, I'm looking for fitting music for an upcoming game of mine. I would have wanted to hire Maktone for this job but I think he's a bit too expensive for me, you see.

So, a bit about the game itself. It's going to be a Flash game about an explorer who crashes his plane on a strange island and must find the four missing parts of his plane to get out of there. It's going to be very similar to the Mario franchise, with monsters you jump on, traps, moving platforms, trampolines and the like. You can see a very basic demo of the game on deviantArt. The graphics used in this demo will actually be used in the real thing.

I want the music to sound fairly smooth but inspiring, like any good NES platformer. I need tunes for the intro (slow at first, when he drives and crashes his plane, then faster when the title screen appears), the level selection screen, four level tunes (forest, caves, mountains and abandoned factory), a boss and final boss tunes, an ending tune and short, 3 seconds or so victory, failure and game over fanfares.

If you already created something, I would love to hear it, as long as it hasn't been used in like a dozen games already. Otherwise, I guess I could commission you if you have good experience but you should know my budget is fairly limited. I'm open for service exchange as a form of payment if all else fails. You can see my credentials on my website, melloLand.com, although it's kind of empty right now, except for the games section.

listen, & pm me on this site if you think you'd like to work together

Wellington, New Zealand

www.apricorn-music.com
I'm interested. You can go here if you don't want to download an album and just want to listen to separate tracks.

Oh yeah and my email is henry {at} japan.com

Last edited by Apricorn (May 3, 2011 7:51 pm)

Rhode Island

2PLAYER

Take a listen to my tracks and if you are interested either PM me here or email me: 2playerlive (at) gmail (dot) com

Quebec, Canada

Thank you all for your interest! I'll review your work and contact some of you shortly.

http://soundcloud.com/jredd/road-to-victory

smile?

Feel free to check out the rest of my work on soundcloud too. I just posted up one of my best ones for an example of what I can do wink.  I'd have a crap load more to show you but 8 bit collective is down for maintenance. However, if that track or anything else by me interests you feel from to PM me wink.

Edit: I just played your demo level, and 8bc is back up and running.

Maybe....this for that first level?

https://8bc.org/music/Jredd/Tropical+Bounce/

Note: My profile of music there is pretty huge, feel free to dig through there for anything you like big_smile. Also, if you like what you hear and want to commission me I'd be totally down for it. Let me know big_smile.

Last edited by Jredd (May 10, 2011 11:35 pm)

Teeside, UK

https://8bc.org/members/Tunners/

my stuff, there's not a lot of it, but I would be interested in making music for a game like this. big_smile

East Kilbride, Scotland

Only about 2 months too late, Tunners.

Teeside, UK

better late than never.

nah that's my fault for not checking the date, missed it in my excitement to apply tongue

anything ever happen with this game? I had a lot of fun with the little demo of it.