Rouen, FR

Hi there,

Since two weeks now I'm experiencing quite a strange problem with one of my LSDJ carts : the groove - on any track ! - set itself to 33% everytime I load a song.

I've tried to set it back to 6/6 - 50 % then save, but the next time I load the song, it's the same thing, it's back to 33%... One weird thing : the changes I make in a song (patterns, instruments, tables, blablablah) are properly saved though, it's only the groove that is affected...

Is the memory battery of my cart going to die ?

This would be quite a problem since my GB transferer can't seem to work on any of my computers ! (it uses a parrallel cable and I hve only USB, so I use an adapter, but it doesn't seem to work...).

Any info on this would be more than welcome, thanks !

Nico / SOQ

Central-ish VA

I've had some bugs hidden in some of my LSDJ tracks as well, not sure what causes them but they appear to become more frequent the more my cart fills up.  Maybe someone will drop by with a bit more insight but for now what I generally do to fix little things like this from snagging me at the worst times is add a little "setup" chain to the top of the song I'm writing.  Generally it only needs one phrase, simply a place for executing quick table commands to fix tempo and groove should they be off.  Use the G command at the top there to set up your groove properly before the track plays and of course make sure you've got empty space of equal length in the other channels to ensure everything stays lined up and plays properly.

That was all probably rather obvious stuff that you already do but I figured I'd toss in.  Good luck!

Rouen, FR

Hm, this is indeed quite a filled up cart, I could try to free some space and see what happens...

I actually hadn't thought of the "G command" trick, I might do that, even if it's just a way to get past the problem an not to properly resolve it, hehe !

Thank you !

Stockholm

Out of interest, what versions are you using?

...and how do you tell it is 33% - do you go to the groove screen and see it is messed up? What digits does it say besides 33%?

Last edited by rolemodel (Jul 1, 2011 11:24 am)

Central-ish VA

I'm on 3.9.6 on one of the BleepBloop Non-USB Carts.  It hasn't been as prevalent for me as it appears to be for Seal Of Quality though so no worries.