Bristol, UK

I recommend doing the internal prosound, i've yet to find a pair of headphones that won't work with it, whether on dmg/colour/pocket/light.

São Paulo, Brazil
nerdsome wrote:

Thanks all that pretty much answered my question.  Except for one:  if I were to add an external jack, headphones won't work on it.  I'm aware of that.  But if I prosound a pocket using the original jack, do I lose the headphone capability as if it was an external jack?  If not, then I don't see the point in adding an external jack and I will just prosound it using the original jack.  But if I am going to lose the headphone capability by doing an internal prosound, then I just want an external jack.  The speaker is useless to me.  I can barely hear it anyway.

your headphones will work with it, but the volume is gonna be lower. That's all. It's only a problem when you're making music in the Sao Paulo incredible noisy subway trains. That's why I use my prosounded DMGs only live, and have a spare one just for writing music on da streetz.

That's the problem, I don't want the headphone volume to be lower.  I don't want to drill holes into the pockets but I'd prefer an external jack.

São Paulo, Brazil
nerdsome wrote:

That's the problem, I don't want the headphone volume to be lower.  I don't want to drill holes into the pockets but I'd prefer an external jack.

well, then do an external jack.

You could go complicated and get a dpdt switch lol, that either completed the jumpers or the jump you create to the headphone socket (obviously not serious, but very possible). Seriously though I have noticed very little drop in volume, plus I can't stand a non-prosound turned up anyway. I recommend internal prosound like I did in my red boy. it works very well.

I have prosound on a few regular DMG's and the drop is just too much.  So if it's similar to that, then it won't work for me.  But I just bought a third pocket that I will leave unmodded for writing and the prosound ones I'll use for recording and live shows.

São Paulo, Brazil
nerdsome wrote:

I have prosound on a few regular DMG's and the drop is just too much.  So if it's similar to that, then it won't work for me.  But I just bought a third pocket that I will leave unmodded for writing and the prosound ones I'll use for recording and live shows.

that's the best way to go, IMO.