philly

NSF importer

It appears that the NSF is imported with every frame representing one row in the tracker. Everything won't be put into instruments for you (all effects occur in the tracker-space), but this is great because it makes it incredibly easier to look at everything and 'reverse engineer' a track or sound you like.

So if you liked this instrument from Crystalis, it's easy to see how the volume envelope would be 1 3 6 7 8 8 7 6 7 7 7 6 5 3 1.

Last edited by bucky (Jul 11, 2011 12:52 am)

Venezuela

wait.... WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF! :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GNV / FL / USA

Seriously groundbreaking shit!

My boners have reached maximum

Milwaukee, WI

QUICK. LET ME RIM SOMEONE.

Tokyo, Japan

I am starting to fear NES hackers.

philly

Having played around with this some more, this is without a doubt the best tool for analyzing NES music.

I wanted to put it to the test and jump right into something intricate, so I'm working on a perfect recreation of Silver Surfer track 1 from scratch. I'm only about 15 seconds into the song, but everything is completely accurate thus far. If I can pick that apart, almost everything else (at least game music) will be a lot simpler to study or recreate.

Asides from Neil Baldwin tunes... I'm afraid/ wondering what his single channel echo demo would look like. To do that in famitracker, it'd probably need a million instruments and envelopes...

Last edited by bucky (Jul 14, 2011 11:17 pm)

Venezuela

bucky, yah man!... as i tell to a friend... is some way is BAD, because some ppl have "some secrects" in their tracks and it is a way to get those tricks without the permission of the person who did the track, which is a bit bad! sad and probably that;s why JSR have no plan to implement it in famitracker... but in some other way, is a HUGE way to learn about other ppl and learn from the OLD sountracks.

Bucky did you tried with the SUPER NSF????, wonder if famitracker is able to support that! XD (im sure not), but the 0.3.7 has a bug, that you can actually import more than 16kbytes samples.

I think from now on, NSF composer will not be the same! :PPPP....

philly

Update!

v0.2 - 7/15/2011
- Pattern length and starting row options.
- Namespaced the importer and NotSo Fatso code for better separation.
- DPCM samples now have a filename, prevents crashing.
- Limited support for DPCM offset (Yxx).
- DMC volume write support (Zxx).
- DMC halt support.
- MMC5 duty corrected (Vxx).
- VRC7 support for frequencies outside FamiTracker's gamut.
- VRC7 support for sustain/note release (===).
- Prevent crash on too many frames.

This is hilarious and I love this!

I threw old mml nsfs at it and it took them no sweat. Very nice!