HEY !

maybe somebody had the same problem :

i dont remember what happened but in one day i discovered that
some of my songs on LSDJ cart plays totally wrong (just random glitches and noise)
and some of them are still OK // WTF ?

> maybe its because of using lsdj wiz low battery ?
> or its just a lsdj glitch ?

HEEELP!

Melbourne, Australia

More details needed. Random glitches and noise are not enough to go on.

Minneapolis

Well, a couple of things:

Its a battery backup cart, and as such, if the battery goes dead you WILL loose you data or experience data corruption eventually. Hence the battery should be replaced regularly, at an interval of every year or so at least, considering how fast they drain when used with LSDJ. Secondly, with such a risk of data loss being sadly unavoidable, you should always ALWAYS make backup copies of everything. That having been said, there isn't too much that can be done once the SRAM is corrupted besides back up what's not been hosed up, and be more diligent in the future about making backups.

YEA I ALREADY WAS DOING BACKUPS - - - and already backed up that corrupted SRAM LOL
//just wanted to know the reason why its happened.to be SAFE in FUTURE

+++ you say SRAM glitches can happen because of OLD BATTERY ? //

Try contact nitro2k01, I believe he has helped people this a similar problem before.

kool, but whatever about theese songs - - - i just want to know reason why it happened to avoid it on future
+___+

Minneapolis

Battery issues, almost certainly. The only other way to get SRAM corruption is very dirty contacts in your Gameboy and cartridge, which can sometimes cause unexpected things with the SRAM. So, replace the battery and clean up the GB and cart contacts to avoid any undue capacitance or shorting or other random ocurrences.

arfink wrote:

Hence the battery should be replaced regularly, at an interval of every year or so at least, considering how fast they drain when used with LSDJ.

It's funny; the original cart I bought in 2001 or so is still running strong without battery replacement.

England

this glichfucksoundmong always happens to me when the batteries die as well

Minneapolis
Jellica wrote:

this glichfucksoundmong always happens to me when the batteries die as well

This issue has more to do with problems in LSDJ and the way most Flash carts work. Flash carts draw far more power than regular NES carts. This high current draw can cause some very strange things to happen when your batteries suddenly drop below operating voltage. The onboard DC-DC converter doesn't just turn off properly as if you hit the power switch, but can output odd voltages for a short time. This puts some strain on the cartridge backup system, which is designed to switch to battery mode when power is removed, though it does not compensate well for "messy" power down situations. Also, while in use LSDJ is very frequently accessing SRAM in both read and write mode. If the system power were to fail mid-write this would of course cause corruption.

Now, some Flash carts seem to have more sensitive SRAMs than others. This is because some carts are not designed to compensate for the feedback received because the cartridge is essentially getting close to overdrawing the GB's DC-DC converter. In this case, keeping the onboard battery fresh will help to prevent so may issues.

EDIT: oh yeah, one other thing- try to avoid running your AA batteries into the ground. It's not good for the hardware, and not good for your song data.

Last edited by arfink (Aug 24, 2010 4:05 pm)

YEA BIIIG THANKS EVERYONE !!

WILL GET THOOSE CR1225 AND REPLACE THEM ASAP !

^___^

Chicago IL
tRasH cAn maN wrote:
arfink wrote:

Hence the battery should be replaced regularly, at an interval of every year or so at least, considering how fast they drain when used with LSDJ.

It's funny; the original cart I bought in 2001 or so is still running strong without battery replacement.

me too, except 2006

Riga

professional horizon

Riga

8(