Sydney, NSW

Alright, so my 64M Smart Card doesn't work on Windows 7, which really sucks because all my other computers are dead, and installing XP or a virtual machine on my current compy isn't an option.

Basically, if anyone out there is crazy enough to trade an EMS 64M Smart Card for any other kind of cart that works on Windows 7 (32bit), then I'm the guy to talk to.
I'm easy for any sort of cart. USB would be nice, as I don't have a transferrer. If you're nice enough to bundle in a transferrer, then that'd be cool with me.

The cart has some scratches on the back from being constantly swapped in and out of my DMG (expected on any cart, really), has no sticker on the back where the "64M SMART CARD" logo was, and has a basically full-charged battery - I've only had this cart since this March.

I wanna ask one thing in return.
If you do the trade, I would like you to rip the SAV and the ROMs and email them to me. I would rip them before shipping, but... Y'know.

Email me at [email protected] if you prefer email communication.

clovis CA

ill trade you it for that NES?

USA

Have you tried using someone else's computer?

Try the library, your local school, best friend, family member, or a friend of a friend?

You just need to use a computer with an older version of windows.

You could send your cart to me and I'll send it back to you with the ROMs you want on it, all you need to do is pay for shipping. Then I'll send you the ripped SAV file attached to an email so you can back it up on your computer.

I love my EMS 64m carts, if you send it to me I could even add a page1 LED for free.

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/2704/ … -led-pics/

And I'm a trustworthy person, I won't steal your cart.

Sydney, NSW
Alley Beach wrote:

ill trade you it for that NES?

Argh, as tempting as that sounds, this EMS cart is my only one, so trading that for the NES will leave me without a cart
I've got a Super Gameboy and a transparent purple CGB with no battery cover I could trade you for, though wink

SurfaceDragon wrote:

Have you tried using someone else's computer?

Try the library, your local school, best friend, family member, or a friend of a friend?

I often use the school computer labs (which run nothing but XP), but I really don't get much access to them.
It works, and I've done it before. I'd just rather have one that work on my home computer so I don't have to wait a day or two before wanting to load up custom samples or updating LSDJ.

SurfaceDragon wrote:

You could send your cart to me and I'll send it back to you with the ROMs you want on it, all you need to do is pay for shipping. Then I'll send you the ripped SAV file attached to an email so you can back it up on your computer.

That nice of you! But unfortunately before my XP machine broke I was writing and ripping stuff from my cart left, right and centre. It would cost way too much in the long run.
Thanks, but no thanks.

SurfaceDragon wrote:

I love my EMS 64m carts, if you send it to me I could even add a page1 LED for free.

That's such a cool mod!
Unfortunately with my DMG always plugged into mains power, it will only boot into page 2, so I have no need for a first page.
I may look into that mod in the future though tongue

So yeah, I'm still up for trading cart-for-cart.

Last edited by Chainsaw Police (Jul 14, 2011 5:45 am)

clovis CA

craigslist a shitty machine and load xp on it, might find one for around $50 (win2000 maybe?)

USA

Don't trade your cart, 64m carts rule!

And if you need any advice on the page1 LED mod don't hesitate to ask, I am the person who actually came up with that mod.

Last edited by SurfaceDragon (Jul 14, 2011 7:09 am)

Sydney, NSW
SurfaceDragon wrote:

Don't trade your cart, 64m carts rule!

That they do.

Their Win7 incompatibility does not sad

Alley Beach wrote:

craigslist a shitty machine and load xp on it, might find one for around $50 (win2000 maybe?)

I tihnk craigslist is a US-only service, and I live in Australia.
I might see if I can find what went wrong with my current shitbox.

Until then, stiiiiiiiill waiting for a cart-for-cart trade tongue

I runnit on windows 7 32 bit all day long? email me man I can help you get it rolling on that. 64bit win7 is the bitch, 32 bit is simple really. [email protected]

Sydney, NSW

Bumpan. Stiiiiiill up for a trade

uk

I don't belive you can't find a win xp machine just to flash your cart. No one will trade you a non-usb cart especially with a transferer. Srsly, dig into the problem a little more and I'm sure you will find the solution.