Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

The Pxl-Bot Singles Competition!

Want to be the first to own a custom Pxl-Bot T-shirt coupled with a solo release of your single on ol’ Pxl-Bot anyway you see fit? This competition is giving you just the chance to do both of them with the added bonus of giving the creativity cells of your brain a good exercising.
The competition is simple really, all you have to do is create a single and send it to us. See piece of cake right? However there are some rules to keep things fair, these are outlined just below for your convenience.
Rules / Terms and Conditions:
Entries must consist of BOTH an A-Side and a B-side which must be submitted together. That’s two tracks only! The file name must also specify which is A and which is B.
Tracks must be in mp3 format.
Your submissions must be original! No dragging tracks off already released albums/8bc! (We will check)
No covers (Sorry)
Must be chip in some aspect (VGM related doesn't count!)
Only one artist per entry, so no splits or collaborations.
No takebacks! You can only submit once, and once you have you can't change the tracks.
You must be comfortable with all entries to be included on a Pxl-Bot release. We plan to take the best of the best and create a compilation album after the competition is over and the winner been announced, so even if you don’t win you may still get heard!
After the competition you are free to use your own music as you see fit (of course) however if you release it during, there is a huge chance you’ll be disqualified (however we may still feature it in the final compilation, as it seems a bit harsh to penalise you for using your own music)
All tracks must be submitted to the entry page here by the deadline date September the 31st.

How the winner will be decided:

We won’t hold bias for or against artists using prior knowledge or lack thereof regarding their previous work, only the submissions will count
We (Alex and Andrew) will listen to every submission separately without discussing them. After the deadline, we will both choose our favourite 3 singles alone, we will then collate our opinions and choose a winner.
We will not be bribed with money or love. However we’ll be issuing shirts for dollah after the competition is well and truly finished.
So what are you waiting for?!

GO HERE>> http://www.pxl-bot.com/p/competition.html

The deadline is September 30th If you have any further queries about taking part you can PM AndrewKilpatrick or Artisan (Alex) on cm.org, nc.org or our soundclouds, post on the Pxl-Bot Facebook page, or failing that, use the Contact Form Here.
Spread the word and good luck!
Andy and Alex
xox

Last edited by AndrewKilpatrick (Jul 22, 2011 11:45 am)

Moncton, Canada

ALL OVER THIS

Abandoned on Fire

LGPT is fine, right?  Piggy get hated on sometimes.

egr wrote:

LGPT is fine, right?  Piggy get hated on sometimes.

I have NO piggy hatred whatsoever!!! All and any form of "chip" (fakebit or legit) are welcomed

East Kilbride, Scotland

coupled with a solo release of your single on ol’ Pxl-Bot anyway you see fit?

What does this mean exactly? Does it mean you be prepared to pay for a pressing of vinyl, CDs, or any other physical format, or have I misunderstood this completely?

We ain't got the dollah for that, more in we'd put out the winning single as a digital release and promote to high heavens anyway you like (for free, bandcamp pay-what-you-want/ set price by you etc etc)

And other things that are yet finalised so we aren't promising, and as such will be kept under our hats for the meantime smile

Ciudad de méxico, MX

i'll give it a shot!

Concord, CA

I think I might try my hand at this.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Maybe this will finally give me a chance to release something on Pxl-Bot!  You'll definitely be getting an entry from me, love.

8-Bit-Rex wrote:

Maybe this will finally give me a chance to release something on Pxl-Bot!  You'll definitely be getting an entry from me, love.

I want you to release an album so I can listen to it every single day for the rest of my life

Right, just a small reminder if people forgot this was on! The deadline for entries is in a month, and we've changed the rules slightly to be a bit more accommodating. We're now accepting entries which have already been posted on sites (cm, 8bc, noichan) this year, even if they have already been in a release (though you and/or your distributor/label/whatever must be okay with us using your tracks in the end of competition compilation if the need arises). Still no collabs or covers or remixes of other people's tracks though!!! And no dragging things off releases from bygone years or we'll be stern-faced >:(

So guys, GOOD LUCK!!! The entries still can get sent in here (http://www.pxl-bot.com/p/competition.html) or any other way you wish to contact us, be it email or soundcloud.

On a side note, the prize of T-Shirt still stands, and they're being made this week. We'll have images of them up as soon as we get them, so remember to tell us your preferred T size so we know what to keep for you if you win! The shirts won't be on sale to masses until after the competition closes.

Andrew & Alex
         xox

Moncton, Canada

still sending to this!

I think I have a good combination atm.

ONE WEEK(ish) LEFT!! We're extending the deadline SLIGHTLY to midnight October 5th (GMT), so good luck and looking forward to hear what the rest of youse have got!!!

Papa K.
xox

Sydney, NSW

Can one of my tracks be just plain electronic music with some chip influences?

San Diego, CA

there's something that rubs me the wrong way about someone who has plans to start a netlabel entering a singles competition in which the prize is to be released on another netlabel. just my two cents.

electronic with chip influences in fine. Though it may be judged accordingly if there is nothing remotely chip present.  AND COME ON GUIZ LETZ BE FRENZ.