Hey! Can I help you with this? PLEASE? big_smile

Frostbyte wrote:

Hey! Can I help you with this? PLEASE? big_smile

Do you mean music or some other task? If you mean music, I'd rather do it all myself, if only to keep the style and sound consistent. I think we're pretty much covered music-wise, but thanks for your interest smile .

If you mean something else, you'd have to ask someonesomewhere.

Wellington, New Zealand

aw man I wanted to do a song for it
http://soundcloud.com/apricorn/guanxi

Well, I'm speaking only for myself and not for someonesomewhere, but I think the agreed upon arrangement is just going to be a single composer, for a few reasons; First of all consistency of sound, multiple composers makes it less of a score for me and more of a playlist of tracks, unless everyone conforms to the specific palette envisioned for the game.  Second, it's a flash game and there's not going to be a huge amount of music anyway, so I don't even see the point of multiple composers.

I mean ultimately it's up to someonesomewhere, but I don't think multiple composers on a project like this is desirable or even necessary; We're pretty much agreed on this point I think.

Wellington, New Zealand

earthbound used 3 composers

Apricorn wrote:

earthbound used 3 composers

Haha, That's true; It also has something like 200 songs wink .

Wellington, New Zealand

170 actually and I have every one of them and there are only about 17 actual songs.

Yeah 170 sounds about right, but no way is it only 17 songs in the game; There's three distinct songs used solely in the first night in Onett. If you mean alot of the songs are variations then yes I agree but still--digressions aside-- Guanxi will probably have less than 10 tracks. Not really the same workload I don't think.

But regardless, wait for someonesomewhere's word on it. I think I've strayed enough from the topic smile .

Haha, well I'm down with helping out for anything. Plot, ideas for gameplay, art, sound effects, you know smile

Hey! Can I help you with this? PLEASE?

Music wise, fluidvolt is, and always will be the only composer for the game. Thanks for your interest though, it's really nice of you! You can always make plot/story/gameplay suggestions and all that, I'll be sure to add anyone who helps in the credits. smile

@apricorn: Hey, that's a pretty neat loop you have there! Thanks for making it! First fan ... art... I guess? Dunno. smile

Again, thanks for showing your interest guys, it means a lot to us! Cheers! big_smile

Venezuela
someonesomewhere wrote:

Some eye candy!

delicious!..... want moar!!!

Wellington, New Zealand

:{

Day 49

I came up with a great idea tonight and I put it to work. The basic idea is creative advertising on the streets, maybe people will join in! If you've heard of QR codes, you'll know what you're looking at, but if you aren't familiar with this, here's an explanation.

I'll be pasting these on street corners and such. I'll be sure to show you the end results.

(By the way, the code leads to our fan-blog over here!)

Day 51

Alright, so yesterday I put up my first poster on a nearby street! I didn't end up getting it laminated, so I'm not sure how it is going to last... I'll be checking on it every couple days, plus putting some more up. I'll be sure to post some final results soon.  smile

Also, Fluidvolt is in the process of making a track for a Winter setting, check out what he has so far!

Day 53

Darkroot is almost finished with his class, so we'll be working super fast from there on! I believe it ends August 8th, whoo!

I've finished up a lot of foliage for Summer and Spring, I'll be releasing the file with all of it after I polish it up.

USA

Hey guys,

I wanted to show my support for your project so I made you a GB ROM with modified Guanxi-style graphics just for you.

I actually made two versions - Normal and Dark versions

Here are some screenshots of them -

I can send them to you attached to an email

Just PM me your email address if you want me to send them to you, OK.