Argentina

It has a LEDx3 green back light non-inverted
An small green led for battery indicator near the power switch
A 3.5mm (at the bottom) Pro Sound Exit before sound level pot, this female plug has a switch to the two RCA (at the top) so if I plug to the 3.5mm out, the RCA out will be cut, if  3.5mm is unplugged I can use the RCA output. I use microphone cable to do the connections so I don't have any noise.
Internal speaker and headphones output are working, I believe that I have a noise on them now, but I just use them to edit, not to record.
Used original DMG-01 buttons and power switch.

Hope you like it smile

Extra: my LSDJ Keyboard

Last edited by Zuberi (Aug 3, 2011 11:36 pm)

New York City

The pictures are just thumbnails, post proper pictures!
Bienvenido a los foros smile

uk

I use microphone cable to do the connections so I don't have any noise.

Do you mean xlr cable? I though they are mono only.

Argentina
akira^8GB wrote:

The pictures are just thumbnails, post proper pictures!
Bienvenido a los foros smile

Thanks! I upload them again, y gracias! smile

platforma wrote:

I will upload a picture of the cable tomorow

Matthew Joseph Payne
platforma wrote:

XLR really only refers to the type of connector. XLR3 (three pin microphone style connectors) can be used to carry stereo audio, and are functionally interchangeable with 1/4" TRS, 3.5mm TRS, etc - Anything with three contacts.

Because mic level signals are weak, shielded cable is more commonly used for them to protect the signal. I'm assuming he's just using shielded cable in an attempt to reduce noise.

Nice work on the gameboy Zuberi, it looks very nice! smile

USA

Looks nice!

It would only cost you an additional $17.75(plus shipping) to make the buttons(D-pad+A+B) and power switch clear.

I know you've probably already seen this but here are the links anyway -

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/batt_dmg

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/custom-buttons

You don't really need to do this, your DMG already looks really cool!

I wish someone made clear start/select buttons.

And it might look cleaner if you tried to route your pro-sound wires differently, you don't really have to do this because I know how hard it is to get those damn wires to stay where you want them when putting the guts back in and closing the DMG's shell.

And if you want to add a page1 LED to your EMS cart check this out -

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/2704/ … -led-pics/

I can help you out with the page1 LED mod if you want, I know a few tricks about this mod because I've done this mod a bunch of times.

Also I can also hook you up with some really cool custom/modified ROMs to put on your 64m cart if your interested.

I really like the mods that you did to that DMG, keep up the good work!

Last edited by SurfaceDragon (Aug 4, 2011 2:54 am)

A little late, but one of these bad boys would have gone well with the green color scheme:

Canada
platforma wrote:

Generally, hardware is set up for balanced mono XLR rather than stereo, but stereo is possible. The cables have three conductors (ground, +signal and -signal) so you can run left through one wire and right through the other, then use the ground for both signals.

Nice mods though. The DMG is very clean looking and I like the choice of greyboy buttons. I think they look way better on clear DMGs. smile

matt's mind
SurfaceDragon wrote:

I wish someone made clear start/select buttons

someone may be!

Ciudad de méxico, MX

Alto gameboy loco! smile

Argentina
kineticturtle wrote:
platforma wrote:

XLR really only refers to the type of connector. XLR3 (three pin microphone style connectors) can be used to carry stereo audio, and are functionally interchangeable with 1/4" TRS, 3.5mm TRS, etc - Anything with three contacts.

Because mic level signals are weak, shielded cable is more commonly used for them to protect the signal. I'm assuming he's just using shielded cable in an attempt to reduce noise.

Nice work on the gameboy Zuberi, it looks very nice! smile

This is the cable I used, shielded cable is the correct translation, is the thinnest I found but was hard to make it fit.

SURFACEDRAGON thanks for your advices, will PM you!

Apeshit wrote:

A little late, but one of these bad boys would have gone well with the green color scheme:

Where you found that??

ROLF, that is the way I used it! Red for Right, White for Left, and Yellow and shield for Ground. At the time I made this I only have the clear case, the buttons from it I forget them in another place, and the inside is from a classic DMG that I bought.
I have to open it once again, as Left channel is making noise from headphone jack and speaker, maybe a little mistake on the pot that I have to fix, so when I do that will try the grey buttons.

Analog wrote:

Alto gameboy loco! smile

Gracias wauton!

Matthew Joseph Payne
Zuberi wrote:

This is the cable I used, shielded cable is the correct translation, is the thinnest I found but was hard to make it fit.

Look around for install cable. It's balanced cable used for permanent runs through walls and such. I might have some scraps from some cable I've been pulling at work. It's much thinner, but carries the same signal types. Has foil shielding.

Apeshit wrote:

Where you found that??

He makes them!

USA

I have a custom version of Onputer.gb with your name on it.(or in it I should say)

I can make you some really cool custom/modified ROMs.

Just send me a PM with your request(s) and email address.

Serious requests only, please.

(And my services are free of charge for good requests)

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/4249/custom-graphics/