Parts Unkown

Greetings Everyone!

BEATBOX will allow you to play beats live and record loops on the NES. 

Features include:
- 4 Recordable Drum Loops
- 2 Recordable Drum Fills
- 4 Sample Frequencies
- 2 Drum Kits available: Rock & Latin
- TV or Monitor is not required.
- Each Loop or Fill can contain up to 99 key presses.
- Works with original Nintendo controllers and hardware.

Controller 1 is the drum kit.
- Each of the 8 buttons will trigger a different sample.

Controller 2 is the loop controls.
- The 4 direction buttons correspond to the 4 Drum Loops
- A & B buttons correspond to the 2 Fills.
- Start button turns on Recording Mode
- Select Button turns on Live Mode

To check out the manual and demo video: heavyw8bit.com/nes_drum_machine.php

*If anyone would like a custom cart made with your own samples then email me.

Last edited by HeavyW8bit (Aug 5, 2011 12:51 pm)

matt's mind

very cool wink

Riverside, CA

Excellent.

Question: Is it possible to adjust sample frequency while recording a loop/fill?

Nice... But the question remains; Does it wok with PAL ? Same goes for NESK-1. By the way you seem very talented in programming for the NES, where and how did you learn that ?

PDX, PDX

Looks awesome but the red text panics me as it was the sign you were about to die in Dragon Warrior.

Long Beach, CA

Nice. smile

USA

Awesome!

Will you be adding more drum kits?

If you can only fit two drum kits maybe you should think about releasing multiple versions with different kits/samples.

Parts Unkown

Thanks for checking it out!

Koatl - It actually doesn't matter what the frequency is while recording.  Frequency and Drum Kit settings affect the playback of the loops.  If you record a loop with sample frequency at 100% and then later change the frequency to 25%, the loop will playback with the samples at 25%.  Maybe having a different sample frequency for each sample could be something added for future versions.

Glitch Militia - Yeah Im trying to get PAL versions of BEATBOX and NESK-1 going.  Once I get my hands on a PAL NES to test with then it should just be a matter of time.

SurfaceDragon - Yeah there was only enough memory for 16 samples.  If anyone would like a custom cart made with your own samples I can do that as well.  Just email me.

HeavyW8bit wrote:

Glitch Militia - Yeah Im trying to get PAL versions of BEATBOX and NESK-1 going.  Once I get my hands on a PAL NES to test with then it should just be a matter of time.

I'd be very interested in sending you a PAL NES if you send me a cartridge or two of your awesome software when you finish it. big_smile

Sweden

As far as I understood about the video, you record the drumloops live. Would be nice to make some loops by using "steps" like when you program a drummachine.

Pehaps that what you can do using: PR8 by Neil Baldwin http://www.nes-audio.com ... Haven't tried that program yet. (Or I haven't learnt how to use it...)

Anyway. Cool program. This could be awesome to use live. You could mod some Rockband/Guitar Hero drums and connect to the NES! That would be cool.