FERNDALE, MI, USA

SUPER INTERESTED, EMAIL ME BRO.

Minneapolis
herr_prof wrote:

Yea but nanoloop is a bad example as that is rarely updated (or bugs are fixed) and NTRQ seemingly is. Its more in the spirit of an LSDJ where the users and dev have a good communication rapport and shit gets updated on a regular basis (go neil!)

This is certainly true.

Octavial: If you're serious then please PM me or send me an email- arfink (at) sdf.lonestar.org and we can work something out.

Minneapolis

So, I've been trying, seemingly in vain up to this point, to wrap my head around shift registers and UARTs. I understand how the NVSRAMs work, and a bank of shift registers would get the job done for addressing, which gets about half of the problem done for doing SRAM backup or programming the cartridge via serial or USB, but the UART is making my head hurt. It's probably more likely I'll use a PIC microcontroller if I'm going to take this route, since most of those have a UART built in. It'd save the problem of sorting out the whole protocol-hardware thing since that's programmed into the PIC. Assuming I can get a decent schematic layed out then I can move on to doing code, which is going to be the hard part, since I have never done much coding and driver coding seems very intimidating.

HOWEVER: I will point out that despite all of this I'm still willing to do NTRQ carts to my previous spec! This new design will take a very long time given my skill level, and most likely I'll be making a programmable NROM flash cartridge before I ever get around to doing MMC1. I have tried reading the NVSRAM's data through my EPROM programmer/reader device and it does work. All you have to do after that is get into a hex editor to change it up into a .SAV file.

In fact, I should probably make another thread for ramblings about new flash cart development, since it's derailing this topic.

Roanoke,VA

Hi Im using a top loader NES and I'd like to buy a cartridge with NTRQ on it...if you have any...

my emails : [email protected]

Last edited by Kabukii Joe (Jun 22, 2011 12:41 am)

Minneapolis

Thanks for the interest, but the stuff I mentioned in here is old news. I have a new flash cartridge coming along (slowly, so sloooowly. sorry.) which I hope to eventually make for sale. Unfortunately life has been hell for me lately and I haven't had the time to really work on anything, which makes me very sad. So please stay tuned.

Matthew Joseph Payne

arfink's cart is going to be amazing and you should buy one when they appear, but if you want to make music now, google "NES Powerpak".

Fargo
arfink wrote:

Thanks for the interest, but the stuff I mentioned in here is old news. I have a new flash cartridge coming along (slowly, so sloooowly. sorry.) which I hope to eventually make for sale. Unfortunately life has been hell for me lately and I haven't had the time to really work on anything, which makes me very sad. So please stay tuned.

Arfink, do you have a blog or anything following the progress of this cartridge?

New York City

Are you going to make PR8 cartridges? That'd interest me.

Minneapolis

Hrm, I might consider firing up me old blog... I'll have to see. As for PR8 carts, that will have to happen eventually I think. I just haven't done the needed work to get that going yet.

São Paulo, Brazil
akira^8GB wrote:

I totally support this idea.

Fargo
PULSELOOPER wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

I totally support this idea.

I third this sentiment.

UK

hullo peeps - head over to bootgod's nes cartridge database here: http://bootgod.dyndns.org:7777/home.php

look up Faria in the title field, hit search, look at the Faria next to the US flag, checking the data for that will give you the 'boardtype' you need which is NES-SKROM-04, click that and that will tell you which cart you will need to use as a donor, incidentally it'll  also tell u which  cart you'd need to use to make a famicom cart if u step back and click the Faria next to the japanese flag smile
hope that helps \o_

~ne7