Los Angeles

So this weekend I was playing around with renoise. On my high res monitor even the "huge" font was a bit too small which kind of seemed like it took the fun away.

I decided to make a few new gigantic fonts that are in ".fon" format. It took awhile to convert pixel graphics to this old microsoft format.
This is only bearable with newer / hi-res screens as its rather large. Works great on my Macbook Air.

Source fonts

To "install" these fonts, replace/rename one of the old pattern fonts with one of them into the [renoise app here]/.../Skin/Fonts/ folder and then change your renoise settings to use that font in the renoise preferences -> GUI tab.

Also note in my screenshots I replaced the default font with a 04b font, which is pretty self explanatory to do- I'm not providing that information because the results are not very satisfying.

/end useless post

Tokyo, Japan

This is rather lovely.

I may give this a shot soon!

Wellington, New Zealand

wow this looks cool. I don't know how to install it. Maybe its for an older renoise because when i try install a theme there isn't a font option and it only reads xml files

Los Angeles
Apricorn wrote:

wow this looks cool. I don't know how to install it. Maybe its for an older renoise because when i try install a theme there isn't a font option and it only reads xml files

Read the description below the images on the topic post.

Psydney, Australia

Lovely!

Altho I really think you should put a dot inside the zero to make things more readable.
Btw, for .fon editing, my fav program is Fony (used it to make custom FamiTracker fonts)

Los Angeles
iLKke wrote:

Lovely!

Altho I really think you should put a dot inside the zero to make things more readable.

Although that may be true, 0's are used all over the place and it looked too cluttered for my eyes, so i removed the inside, I tried both styles, my fave with the slash, and the dot in the center. It's all subjective and personal preference of course.

I'll try looking for fony. I ened up writing my own script that converts text to the fon format. big_smile

Wellington, New Zealand

ugh i still can't figure out how to do it. Where is the skin folder? I'm on a mac and i'm looking through the foler with all the instruents and dsp and theme folders

Los Angeles
Apricorn wrote:

ugh i still can't figure out how to do it. Where is the skin folder? I'm on a mac and i'm looking through the foler with all the instruents and dsp and theme folders

Applications -> Renoise_reg [right click to show package contents] -> Contents -> Resources -> Skin -> Fonts

Wellington, New Zealand

Ah! Thanks smile