Ciudad de méxico, MX

the tile says it all, i'm a little frustrated because my brand new copy of nanoloop 2.5 (purchased from the nanoloop website) don't work on the gba micro that i've just borrowed, and in a nintendo Ds it isn't booting also. i'm guessing that perhaps is the fact that the custom cart  PCB don't have a friendly shape for the cart pins?

the second problem, is a weird buzz on the GBA classic, it always loads the NL cart perfectly, but in the second it access the flash memory at the beggining, a buzz is very present and i hate it.

won't you NL users on a gba classic have this? perhaps this revision of the cart is faulty or my copy is a little akward.

please share your experiences, so far i'm only having bad times everytime i try to use this thing.

Philly, PA, USA

Well they're new carts I bet the initial run is bound to have a few duds, I know WDUWSTS was having issues with his 2.5 cart he got at blip. He just sent it back to Oliver as far as I know.

edit: dummy spelling

Last edited by pixls (Jun 17, 2011 7:03 pm)

São Paulo, Brazil

I wonder why Oliver took off the nano forum.

San Francisco

Like pixls said. I just contacted Oliver. Mine wouldn't start at all and then randomly it started working but there was a problem with loading the memory. I kept getting the 2 error. Then one day... Nothing it just stopped booting again.

It may be your cart.  I'm running it on a micro and haven't noticed any flaws.
I got mine from Kitsch

Also,

PULSELOOPER wrote:

I wonder why Oliver took off the nano forum.

iirc he said because of overwhelming amount of spam on it.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

Oliver answered. i'll sent it to him. thank for the input guys.

San Francisco
wedanced wrote:

Like pixls said. I just contacted Oliver. Mine wouldn't start at all and then randomly it started working but there was a problem with loading the memory. I kept getting the 2 error. Then one day... Nothing it just stopped booting again.

FYI the second one he sent me was only 25% functional. shit is fucked. no fm, no noise channel, and fucked up rectangle waves. He probably shouldn't be putting out this product until he fixes all this nonsense.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

refund ftw then

Hello

I'm sorry for all the inconvenience.

The issues that appeared with some 2.5 carts (sporadically missing sounds, sometimes nanoloop won't start) are due to a timing problem: In version 2.2, I had set the memory access times (wait sates) to a very low value in order to speed up processing. For 2.3, this setting was not necessary anymore, but it didn't hurt either, so the code remained there. The new chip used in 2.5 appears to be lesss tolerant to such tight timing so that some units occasionally fail.  This can be fixed with a software update that sets the timing parameters back to standard values.

I will send out USB-adaptors to everyone as soon as they're ready (which, according to the factory, should be next week).

Oliver

San Francisco

Oliver straightened my stuff all out. i now am a proud 2.5 user.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

Oliver is a cool cat, like you guys say. He managed to get my stuff sorted and i'm a happy 2.5 believer now. waiting for it in the mail!

Ciudad de méxico, MX

bumping like a champ to say that i'm amazed how everything got sorted out by oliver.

received my new cart (works perfect) and my usb adaptor thingy.

expect some nanoloop music spam from me now.