portland

Did you ever want the pitch mod but didn't want to deal with a bulky knob or losing your speaker?
... Well then this my friend is for you.

I started building the pitch kits into small break out boxes so you can enjoy the pitch manipulation when you want to, but don't have to deal with losing your speaker or traveling with a bulky knob sticking out.
The unit plug directly into an extra 1/8" jack in your gameboy.

I can also easily install it into your existing gameboys.

available only at www.greightbit.com

... if this unit does not sell at http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/4519/ … screening/ then it will be available on sunday for $160 (trades considered)

Last edited by greightbit (Jul 7, 2011 11:05 pm)

Why not use new enclosures instead of the DMG-07? Might help justify the price tag.

What are the internals like? Is it a new circuit board, or is it an existing kit?

portland

But the DMG-07 is the perfect size and look to keep it that Nintendo stock.
... the circuit is not new, just thought I give the people some options.

If it's just for frequency modulation, then the size is overkill.

It was just a suggestion if you actually want to sell these. If anyone is experienced enough to do the internal wiring in their DMG, then they'd be experienced enough to make their own breakout box for a fraction of the cost. There's just not much incentive to buy one seeing as all the parts are easily accessible for extremely cheap.

Don't sell yourself short. Work is work, but I think this could be improved.

portland
Apeshit wrote:

its for the entire unit... not just the pitch kit.

Last edited by greightbit (Aug 18, 2011 11:08 pm)

Fargo

Any chance you sharing your secret to people who might want to make one?  I have a DMG-07 I destroyed for a LSDJ keyboard and kept the casing for just this sort of thing.

portland
Apeshit wrote:

If it's just for frequency modulation, then the size is overkill.

It was just a suggestion if you actually want to sell these. If anyone is experienced enough to do the internal wiring in their DMG, then they'd be experienced enough to make their own breakout box for a fraction of the cost. There's just not much incentive to buy one seeing as all the parts are easily accessible for extremely cheap.

... he thought I meant for just the pitch kit. The price is for the complete DMG-01 unit with the pitch kit.

portland
Krubbz wrote:

Any chance you sharing your secret to people who might want to make one?  I have a DMG-07 I destroyed for a LSDJ keyboard and kept the casing for just this sort of thing.

... Yeah! at this point I am getting a bunch of tutorials together for my site. I will post update when complete. Thanks for the interest!

Turku, FIN

How does this actually work? Wanna do a video ;D?

I would be really interested on investing on those soonish.

Fargo

I'm excited to try it!

portland
KeFF wrote:

How does this actually work? Wanna do a video ;D?

I would be really interested on investing on those soonish.

as in a demo or tutorial? either way they are on there way just wondering which one you wanted.

Turku, FIN

I wanted a demo smile

But both is three times good!

portland

here's the demo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l44BrBDX5c

BK

could you fit that circuit into say...a game boy cart case? that'd make the price way lower for sure.

portland
Kris k wrote:

could you fit that circuit into say...a game boy cart case? that'd make the price way lower for sure.

... I tried. The 1/8" is just too big and looks janky (doesn't close right).

Also, I dont understand the problem with the price. The $160 is for this total package, Black DMG, new (non) 3LED light kit, custom buttons, RCA output, AND the break out pitch kit. I think its rather reasonable for a one of a kinder?

... I can add these jacks to any one of your existing units and include the break-out box for a lot less loot.