PDX

Yeah, they were cliche by 1989, but I assume they are great for performing and people seem infatuated by them.

Are there any that you recommend, are reliable, or affordable? Or is it more trouble than its worth?

Finland

Yamaha SHS-10 will cost you anything from 1$ to 50$ (just a guess, I bought mine for 40€)

It has Midi out and it has couple of pretty awesome sounds. I love mine, even though it's in pretty bad shape after lots of gigs:D

Riverside, CA

ive wanted a yamaha shs-10 for a couple years =[
ive only seen em go for like $150-300...

Finland
The Silph Scope wrote:

ive only seen em go for like $150-300...

Fuuu.... Well maybe I just got lucky, I bought mine 2008 (or 2007).

Liverpool, UK

I got a SHS-10 for £40 ish as well, it has a missing key though, and I can't seem to find a same-sized replacement, HNNNNG

Finland
calmdownkidder wrote:

I got a SHS-10 for £40 ish as well, it has a missing key though, and I can't seem to find a same-sized replacement, HNNNNG

Replacements are for pussies! I made the one key I needed from duct tape!

Liverpool, UK

How did you manage that?

Unsubscribe

Yea but do COOL keytars exist?

New York City

I got a Yamaha SHS-10.
It costed next to nothing but it has no numeric value for me, it is a very dear present from the legendary firestARTer to me.
big_smile

You really can find it for cheap at fleamarkets. Forget about ebay.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 28, 2010 3:51 pm)

PDX
herr_prof wrote:

Yea but do COOL keytars exist?

LOL The only cool keytar belongs to George Duke

He makes TV Death Squad jealous...

Last edited by RushCoil (Jan 28, 2010 4:36 pm)

Finland
calmdownkidder wrote:

How did you manage that?

Ducttape or destroying the keys?

Keys fell off when I throwed/dropped my keytar and I was too drunk to pick them after the gig.

And duct-tape..well that was the only thing available before next gig. I made tiny keys rolling duct tape around itself:) Why it was the only thing, that's whole another story involving Police, night in jail, being afraid of missing the gig and lot of other stuff:D But it was awesome night and the gig went very well!

New York City
DKSTR wrote:

story involving Police, night in jail, being afraid of missing the gig and lot of other stuff:D But it was awesome night and the gig went very well!

Sounds like one of the best gigs in the world xD

Brazil

You guys get in jail so easily!

Finland
akira^8GB wrote:
DKSTR wrote:

story involving Police, night in jail, being afraid of missing the gig and lot of other stuff:D But it was awesome night and the gig went very well!

Sounds like one of the best gigs in the world xD

Yeah I think that was all of the rock'n'roll lifestyle I will ever experience in my life in 24 hours:P

The gig where I originally destroyed my keytar was like 2 weeks earlier than that gig after night spent in jail, so there's no smashing keytars to police forces or anything,haha!

Sorry about off-topic, back to keytars!