Turku, FIN

neat looking GB indeed!

Rhode Island

Where is the dot on the 6N138? Do you have it upside down? That looks so awesome by the way

Los Angeles

Yeah I don't know. if you tried flipping the wires on the midi jack, tried flipping / disabling the diode, then its either the code that is running, the midi cable or host midi device, or the 6n138.

I've used plenty of the pro minis for various projects so I know its not that, if it is indeed the 16mhz/5v version.

trash80 wrote:

Yeah I don't know. if you tried flipping the wires on the midi jack, tried flipping / disabling the diode, then its either the code that is running, the midi cable or host midi device, or the 6n138.

I've used plenty of the pro minis for various projects so I know its not that, if it is indeed the 16mhz/5v version.

Yeah, i'm gonna try getting another 6n138. And see if I can use it with something else, like a drum machine, if I find one tongue

Midi-out was the main reason I built it, but it still would be nice if in worked tongue

Los Angeles

Oh you might also want to check your cable wiring on the gameboy port, since I'm guessing you dont have leds to indicate midi is actually working. You could also use the arduino serial monitor to see if its getting data (it would print garbage of course)

trash80 wrote:

Oh you might also want to check your cable wiring on the gameboy port, since I'm guessing you dont have leds to indicate midi is actually working. You could also use the arduino serial monitor to see if its getting data (it would print garbage of course)

I do have the leds connected, They do blink when i sent data..
My guess is they should be blinking if they recieve data as well?

Anyway, they don't tongue

Los Angeles

Depending on the mode of the arduinoboy. if its in any mode other than midi out from lsdj or mGB mode, they should blink to midi sync. in mGB mode each led represents a midi channel (1-4)

Rhode Island

When using cc commands does anything on mGB change? ...is your volume turned up...?
Make sure you check the link cable lines to the GB