matt's mind

hello friends --

i'm not entirely sure where to put this post.  i suppose this works. 

anyways.  so, there is a flash player up on http://store.kitsch-bent.com now, for the enjoyment of visitors and whatnot.  or just to behave sorta like radio if someone wants it.  i've been told its being used like that a bit...  which is awesome big_smile

so, the purpose for this post: if anyone would like an album/tracks in the flashplayer, i'm happy to provide space for that.  Its unlimited how many can fit, and it doesn't matter to me.

the only info that will appear from you is artist name and track title.  i'd rather not edit the player to include album title, because i'll have to change the ID3 tags in everything, and its clean looking as it is....  so, artist and track titles.

a condition:

1) don't steal music.  period. if you submit an unoriginal tune and i notice, someone else does or whatever, its generally not pretty when that stuff happens.  don't do it.  its low.  needless to say, you'd be kicked off the player, so its a pointless thing to do.  please use myspace instead.

yeah, thats pretty much it.  you don't have to be a master at this music to be on it either.  I don't care who you are or how good/bad you are.  Simply, do you wanna have some tunes for others to hear in a spot where they will likely see them? 

so, yup.

you can get in touch through PMs here, would be the best i suppose.

I'd prefer to be able to download the track(s).  so, youtube, vimeo, streaming flash....  i'll need access to the mp3 file to be able to upload.

oh, yeah, mp3s please...  smile

matt

p.s. -- i don't care which console/software either.  sega, nintendo, lsdj, ntrq, fami, whatever you wanna do.  just, of course, make sure its relevant to this musical genre.  even mixed tracks are good, as long as a leading instrument is the console which is used in the song.

matt's mind

thanks everybody!

if anyone else is interested, please get in touch!  a lot of people have responded so far...  and, anyone else is welcome of course.

astral cat

if there is no quality control then won't it be kind of lame to have horrible music playing? just sayin'

Milwaukee, WI
an-cat-max wrote:

if there is no quality control then won't it be kind of lame to have horrible music playing? just sayin'

Quality control, in *my* chiptune?

Never.

Riverside, CA

this is really cool!
and having 2 of my songs on there made me smile
heart

Brazil

big_smile Awesome! Thanks matt!

And you can skip those songs you don't want to hear. Just saying.

Ciudad de méxico, MX
an-cat-max wrote:

i think he goes for an open call, no "control" from his side at all. Which  I find it very great, to promote your music there for free. Maybe the people who submit should be the only ones who must apply quality control over the stuff they release... (not sayin' that there's something wrong with the playlist).

United Kingdom

I was delighted to see when I was buying some screen covers for my DMG's that my track came on ^_^

Plus I have got into some new artists too, Capcomposer's X-Men cover is very good.

matt's mind

anyone else interested?  there has been a fair amount of people get stuff in the player.

there is room for plenty more smile

matt's mind

UPDATE:

i'm going to can almost all the tracks on the flashplayer and get some new things up (soon).  i'll leave a couple i think because i like them, but the ones that are up have been there so long its time for a change...

so, SUBMISSIONS OPEN, please read the first post.

IMPORTANT!:

- mp3s only.  please make my work minimal wink
- read the first post, all conditions still apply.  same deal. 
- email me at "matt (aatt) kitsch-bent (ddoott) com" with your info and whatnot, and put [MUSIC SUBMISSION] at the beginning of the subject line. 
- artists previously on the player: PLEASE feel free to submit more.  i'd like that, myself.
- to artists who have submitted things which aren't up yet: they will be put up with the new lineup, i didn't forget wink

thats pretty much it.  when the flashplayer went down for a week or so a good amount of emails came in wondering what had happened, so i guess its being used enough.  glad for it...

matt's mind

music is switched up now, still accepting tunes if anyone else is interested wink

just get in touch...

Whitley Bay, England

Do you want just single tracks? Or...?

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

PM'd!

matt's mind
TraceKaiser wrote:

Do you want just single tracks? Or...?

whatever you care to send wink

Sydney, NSW

Can I send one in tonight?

Do you want it in WAV, MP3, or (my personal fave) OGG?

All of metrodub is open to you smile