Abandoned on Fire

'Sup?

http://datathrash.com wants YOU to participate in "Totalgoofcore PR Stunt Compilation (for the lulz)" !!!

Since I love Google Voice so much, I want to see what happens when it's used to "record" an album.  Submissions will only be accepted through this Google Voice number:

(347) 541-DATA

Call it and play a track, scream, tell a joke, whatever.  The only restriction is you MUST SAY YOUR ARTIST NAME EVEN IF YOU MAKE ONE UP.

Google Voice saves voicemails in low quality mp3 so expect artifacty buzzing unlistenableness to abound.  Awesome.

If there are at least 10 proper submissions I'll release this through http://datathrash.bandcamp.com

Deadline is about 2 weeks or something.

Thrash.

Last edited by egr (Sep 22, 2011 5:22 pm)

Abandoned on Fire

Be part of history!  The first and probably only album recorded with Google voice!

Montclair, NJ

Well I just submitted one. It was certainly quite an odd experience, Im not even sure if it recorded the whole song. Maybe you can verify that for me, my message said something like "I am A versus Balls. I just woke up and made this track" then the track plays after a couple seconds and it's like 2 minutes long. If I find out that all went well, minus the fact that the song is ass and has poor sound quality, I'll submit a couple more perhaps.

smile

Abandoned on Fire
A Versus B wrote:

Well I just submitted one. It was certainly quite an odd experience, Im not even sure if it recorded the whole song. Maybe you can verify that for me, my message said something like "I am A versus Balls. I just woke up and made this track" then the track plays after a couple seconds and it's like 2 minutes long. If I find out that all went well, minus the fact that the song is ass and has poor sound quality, I'll submit a couple more perhaps.

smile

It came through.  Really quite but that's fine.  Keep 'em coming!

Montclair, NJ

im gonna try again with the volume up. but yes ill do like 2 other songs too, but later.

Montclair, NJ

So apparently there is some time restrictions, the last song didnt get to finish. Oh well.

Abandoned on Fire

Oh, I looked it up and the max length is 3 minutes.  Sorry bout that.  sad

Geneva, NY

I'm in for something. Possibly live improv w/ shrimps. If not, a crazy piggy track.

only in the us :C

Abandoned on Fire

I need bunches more voicemails guise!  Impressions?  Bird calls?  Who's on first?  One hand clapping?

liverpool - uk

Was thinking of having a go but got "Google Voice is not available in your country."

Abandoned on Fire
Stickshifter wrote:

is this actually going to be made?
Kinda wanna hear the resaults

Welllllllllllllllllllllll... probably not in the way I originally intended.  I'm a fan of extreme silliness but all these calls taken together just aren't going to make anything releasable.  sad

The new plan is to cherry pick the best ones and use them in the next Datathrash Mixtape which is due out in January.  I did something similar with the first mixtape where artists called in to intro their track or say something goofy:

http://datathrash.bandcamp.com/album/da … -mixtape-1

I think that will work out just fine.  smile

Yuma, AZ

Just discovered this. Would love to participate if it is still happenin.

Geneva, NY

I curse compilations. Sorry. My bad.

Abandoned on Fire
bleo wrote:

I curse compilations. Sorry. My bad.

LOL, I know what you mean.  Nothing I've submitted to has ever come out...

But the useable portions of this comp ARE going to be used in different format.