Model 500: No UFO's

and

MK: Burning (Vibe mix)

New York City
minusbaby wrote:

Nowhere in this thread was that a rule

Not a rule, a petition, per se

Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

Hell, I've been in the mood for some oldschool dance music. And I want to know more about it, hearing about your personal preferences.

big_smile

Not at work yet, will post later.

England

baby ford!

oh sexy computer dancey lady

Last edited by Jellica (Jan 29, 2010 12:27 pm)

England

England

somehow i managed to pick up loads of this stuff on vinyl in junk shops and charity shops in the 90s. Seems it wasnt so trendy then!

theres a fucking great modern acid scene as well, not heavy modern acid techno/trance, but stuff that sticks to the old school minimal feel like syntheme and chris moss acid. Oh and the mighty ceephax acid crew!

Last edited by Jellica (Jan 29, 2010 12:47 pm)

smile Matthew Dear is pretty good.

If we're going to get into modern minimal stuff we could go into glitch, microhouse, and a ton of other genres.

Madison, WI

This is about as old school as I get:

York, Yorkshire

Another vote for Model 500

Still sounds cool as.

London, UK
BitPop wrote:

Another vote for Model 500. Still sounds cool as.

To be honest, every vote should be for Model 500.

I've only heard the "Smooth mix" of The Chase, this one is so much cooler!

New York City

One of my favourite tracks of back then, from one of my favourite and most influential artists:

Another one of my favourite producers of back then, this one's a classic:

Same guy, but this is my personal favourite, not much of a classic:

Another classic, some said this videoclip was created with the Amiga but I am not sure:

Proto minimal shit from the man lately known as Richie Hawtin, this is a huge classic of tribal banging shit:

Yet another favourite of back then, I still spin this one, it has aged very well (check out the bassline):

More housey beats from Roach Motel:

Classical house anthem from seminal label Yoshitoshi:

George Morel, another monster of house music:

More from ultra influential label Strictly Rhythm, this track could be mistaken within nowadays' fidget house wave:

Frankie Knuckles, no need to say more (except this tune is from 1989):

Another monster and one of the creators of the Detroit wave, Kevin Saunderson (1988 tune yikes):

Derrick May, a.k.a. Rhythim Is Rhythim (excuse the lame video)

You want electro? Juan Atkins project Cybotron can be recommended:

Arpanet:

Dynamic II (maybe my favourite electro producer):

I'm tired of posting and I need to work, I made this already too long tongue

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 29, 2010 2:46 pm)

York, Yorkshire
matt.nida wrote:
BitPop wrote:

Another vote for Model 500. Still sounds cool as.

To be honest, every vote should be for Model 500.

I've only heard the "Smooth mix" of The Chase, this one is so much cooler!

I had this on an album called Flux Trax 02

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Flux-Tra … ease/62655

The first one seems to have some decent techno on there too smile

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Flux-Trax/release/42195

London, UK
BitPop wrote:

I had this on an album called Flux Trax 02The first one seems to have some decent techno on there too smile

Amazing! Just ordered both of those off Amazon marketplace for six quid all in. Thanks for the heads up!

Brazil

I'll listen all the videos in here, specially akira's hehehe.

CYBOTRON IS FUCKING AWESOME, I know them for a long time, I love electro (the oldschool, ONLY).

Time to spend my afternoon frying my ears. Thanks everyone!

Edit: Also, Rich, is easier to find a song in youtube than in mp3 hosted somewhere, but that's my brazilian view, maybe you guys from out there know places where you can get mp3 songs for embed

Last edited by Subway Sonicbeat (Jan 29, 2010 4:50 pm)

York, Yorkshire
matt.nida wrote:
BitPop wrote:

I had this on an album called Flux Trax 02The first one seems to have some decent techno on there too smile

Amazing! Just ordered both of those off Amazon marketplace for six quid all in. Thanks for the heads up!

My pleasure!  I'm currently trying to complete my collection of Trance Europe Express CDs.  I've got 1, 3 and now 5.   Watching an auction for 2, and still waiting for 4 to appear.   All good trance from before it went shit.  i.e <97

This is the best music in the world.

London, UK
Stevens wrote:

This is the best music in the world.

That Juan Atkins 20 years compilation is the nuts. In fact, I'm going to put it on now, very loudly.

I'd like to see more Chicago/Detroit influences in chipmusic, it seems they'd be natural bedfellows but I can't think of many examples of it being done (well). Impakt / Smohm's Chicago Meltdown on Hexawe is ace though.