NY/CA

Hi! Given the good news that more people are interested in VJing, I think there would be value in creating an Open Source VJ application for hand held consoles - and here's some brief info:
* i'm specifically talking about something that plays movie clips (or animates a series of bitmaps)
* targets: gp2x, dingoo, and psp
* open source
* any tools for content development should be open and cross platform (as opposed to say a closed compression app only running on a certain OS)

a much fuller description including initial thoughts on coding and libraries can be found here:
http://www.parisgraphics.com/2010/01/25 … n-project/

though i've had quite a positive response to the idea and many offers for testers - what i would really like is to find some people with C or C++ skillz - and preferably acquainted with SDL.

if you are interested, please hit me up via the link above.

I'm definitely curious, but I have no coding skills at all.

I'll see if anyone I know does though.

Philly, PA, USA

this sounds super cool, but i've got no coding skillz, any chance for DS support? (does it have enough power?)

i took a course in C++ but very short not real deep, i'd be interested in helping in any way i can, but i don't know that i would be able to

New York City
pixls wrote:

any chance for DS support? (does it have enough power?)

No power and no video output

= SHIT

Philly, PA, USA

sad that's true... i forgot...

))<>((

how about the Pandora?

and for anything PSP related, you should ask in the Dev sections of either PSP-Hacks (people are nicer here, but less coders) or QJ.net (more coders, but more douchey as well).

Central-ish VA

Not sure what I can do to help, but I know my way around Java and C.  Call upon me if there's something I might be able to do.

New York City
tacticalbread wrote:

how about the VAPOURWARE?

Fixed.

uhajdafdfdfa

If it is based around the SDL, I expect it will be available for most platforms that have SDL and none of the platforms that don't. So quit asking for new platforms, hehe. tongue

I can probably help out with this, SDL is fun and easy, but I'm not a VJ (maybe I will be after this, haha), so I can't have any opinion on the design or direction of it, just the code. big_smile

Seems very interesting.

New York City
ant1 wrote:

I'm not a VJ (maybe I will be after this, haha), so I can't have any opinion on the design or direction of it, just the code. big_smile

You don't know how many ideas I have xD